Loch Rannoch Trip May 2015

Edit My Images
Yes
Last weekend my friend Michael and I took an overnight camping trip up to Loch Rannoch.

On the drive up there the weather was very changeable, alternating between bright sunshine and showers. That set the pattern for what we could expect over the trip. After arriving at the Kilvrecht campsite at about 7:30 on Friday night, we took a quick stroll down to the loch after setting up the tent. However, it was already quite dark, windy and dreich by that time, so we quickly called it a night.

We turned in early, setting the alarm for 4:15, with the intention of seeing the sunrise over the water. Unfortunately, the weather deteriorated during the night (I was woken a couple of times by heavy rainfall on the tent, and there was quite a lot of wind around), so when we woke up at 4:15 we quickly realised we wouldn't be able to get the sunrise we'd wanted. After a couple hours more sleep we ventured out and ended up driving around the loch all the way up to Rannoch railway station, stopping off regularly to enjoy the views.

Despite the weather it was a very enjoyable little trip, and we're looking forward to doing more of them in the future.

Full Gallery

Last edited:
b by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

3 is great!!
with 3 bands
earth water and background etc
i have a hankering to make it sing a bit more..hope you dont mind

3 is great!!
with 3 bands
earth water and background etc
i have a hankering to make it sing a bit more..hope you dont mind
Thanks for the comment. Sure, I'm happy for people to edit my images, thanks. I like the extra detail you've brought out, and it does feel like it has a bit more impact.

Thanks for the comment. Sure, I'm happy for people to edit my images, thanks. I like the extra detail you've brought out, and it does feel like it has a bit more impact.
more power to lightroom and adobe ps i say
and the ability to change to ones own eye

I like 3 with the bands in it as Geof said and also 4 for the same reason, great menacing sky in 4 also.

I like 3 with the bands in it as Geof said and also 4 for the same reason, great menacing sky in 4 also.
Thanks for the comment. Yeah, one benefit of having very changeable weather is that the clouds rolling in provided quite a bit of drama.

Back