Loch Tulla & a mountain

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Out with a good friend today to wander around some of the scenes Glencoe and Loch Tulla has to offer.
Coming from down south with nothing in the way of mountainous scenery he was naturally blown away.
We were treated to good light most of the day. Almost every location we stopped at we didn't have to wait long for some decent mood or light to come our way. Bag the shot then move on. All very civilised and it never snowed or rained on us once, very un-Glencoe like for this time of year. Not that I'd be complaining.

Loch Tulla.

Tulla.JPG

And guess the mountain. Much prefer this little stretch of the Coupall over the classic spot all week long.

Tulla-3.JPG

Not sure either of these are finished and may start again. Both have very different toning because that's what I like at the moment. Tomorrow that may all change depending on my mood.
As always, thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Both looking good, Scott.
I remember standing at the top of that mountain looking down. Had to use an ice axe and crampons to get up it...

I should look out my slides of the wee trip :) , back in '85.

Really liking the warmth of the colours in the foliage and grasses against the counterpoint of the snow capped hills in the first one Scott.

Awesome, I like the 2nd image but one gets it by a mile, lovely light on that one with great foreground interest and decent reflections too. A lovely scene.

Personally I think the first is OK but the second is great. Would like to see the foreground and mid shadows lifted just a little but for me the colours, toning and composition are very nice

Thanks very much folks.

Agree, excellent shots, first time I've seen that view of 'that' mountain, great viewpoint.

I'm surprised. This little stretch of river is getting busier, there's several shots from here circulating.
I like it because the water levels rise and fall quite rapidly depending on rainfall. The foregrounds change almost hourly so what isn't available one morning is another and vice versa.
Although getting more popular you usually have the place to yourself pre sunrise as most folks are round the corner queuing up to do the classic shot ankle deep in sh1t.

Last edited:
Going to Glencoe in December. Loch tulla is worth a visit and if I can anything as good as your picture I'll be a gappy bunny

Back