Loch Tulla

As I said on Flickr, stunning shot Paul. I didn't notice the border on Flickr, but this has has just reaffirmed my initial thoughts. This deserves a large print on your wall!

Last edited:
Its so hot today I've decided to try and cool down with a look through a few images from Glencoe and found this from Loch Tulla. It was a very chilly morning but dry and enhanced by the snow capped mountains.
As always c&c welcome to improve for my next journey up there during the winter.

Loch Tulla by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

I like that. Lovely light and composition. Being me I take it a little lower down going further back than you are, framing the trees on the right in the left of my frame as an arc and having the mountain as another arc on my right. I never seen your composition but its lovely.

I'm liking this - something different to a lot of Loch Tulla images. Could be the tones.

As I said on Flickr, stunning shot Paul. I didn't notice the border on Flickr, but this has has just reaffirmed my initial thoughts. This deserves a large print on your wall!

Thanks again Ian, It will probably be printed soon.

I like that. Lovely light and composition. Being me I take it a little lower down going further back than you are, framing the trees on the right in the left of my frame as an arc and having the mountain as another arc on my right. I never seen your composition but its lovely.

Cheers Steve, There seems to be lots of compositions to be had there. Looking forward to getting back up there in a few months.

I'm liking this - something different to a lot of Loch Tulla images. Could be the tones.

Thanks Phil, I lifted the shadows quite a bit in this one and it seemed to look better on the screen.

That is lovely, it should be on your wall, 'nuff said!!

This is lovely. Beautiful light. I am heading up this way in a month or two and always wondered how to get to Tulla. Last time I parked at the Bridge of Orchy, but wondered if there was any where nearer or easier access.

Thanks Nguss. Drive through to the end of Orchy and turn left and follow the road for a few miles and you'll see the pines and water to the right, basically adjacent to the A82 over the river for a few miles.
56.539288, -4.781511 should get you nearby

That is lovely, it should be on your wall, 'nuff said!!
Appreciate the kind comment Dale.

This is lovely. Beautiful light. I am heading up this way in a month or two and always wondered how to get to Tulla. Last time I parked at the Bridge of Orchy, but wondered if there was any where nearer or easier access.

The turn is just near the white Bridge of Orchy Hotel, on your left if driving northbound. The road is signed Inveroran and just follow it round.

This place is on my list already and this photo makes me want to go now! I really like it. I love the tones and the whole picture just feels right. If I was to say one thing constructive about it then it would be separating the bundle of trees on the left from the two who are the main focus of the photo. That's nit-picking though. Excellent job.

Love the tones (warm and cold at the same time) and crop.

Thank you Andrew.

This place is on my list already and this photo makes me want to go now! I really like it. I love the tones and the whole picture just feels right. If I was to say one thing constructive about it then it would be separating the bundle of trees on the left from the two who are the main focus of the photo. That's nit-picking though. Excellent job.

Cheers Kris, I know what you mean and a valid point. I think I struggled with trying to separate them as moving left they them encroached the others or something else :thinking:. Its an enjoyable place to walk about and explore though, so enjoy it when you're there.

Very nice I like that

Glad you enjoy it Alf.

It's a very nice laid out scene that reminds me of an old calendar I had as a child by Colin Prior which was all letterbox Scotland shots.

The processing has a slightly muted warm old photograph feel to it (that works) which may be why it takes me back to those early photographic memories.

A lovely photo. One it appears I have seen before. I hadn't put two and two together, but it appears we know a few of the same people from Mildenhall! o_O

Ben, MouldyHOLE was a place I sadly lived for a lot of years in my life, and now thankfully don't. Not sure where you may have seen it before unless it was FLICKR ?

This image has a great 'feel' about it.
At first it looked like there was a lot of sharpening to it, but the more I look at it, the more 'dreamy' it feels.
(excuse the lack of critical analysis).

Whilst i don't normally comment on landscapes, this stunning image has compelled me to gush about how nice it is.

I'm even tempted to get my camera out in the early morning.

Bravo!!

Thanks Meeten, perhaps it looks over sharpened due to FLICKR ? Anyway many thanks for the comment and yes get out for a sunrise, the best time of the day in my opinion.

Back