B&W Lochan Hakel and Ben Loyal

I like that, particularly when I clicked on it and saw it on a white border / black background.

I like the composition - leave the big sky - should the OP decide to sell commercially it gives a graphic designer more room to crop for a cover or to insert text. The sky is suitably strong to carry this composition off.

Naturally I would have picked a stiller day for it all but the composition with foreground works well enough minus reflections.

I like that, particularly when I clicked on it and saw it on a white border / black background.
Thank you Kevin.

Nice mono, I'd crop a bit of the sky off as I can't settle between the sky and the land as is.
Thanks Joel, it's already a 4:5, a 1:1 rarely works for me, and losing anything off the sides unsettles the composition. That, plus the sky is what works most for me, I love a big sky and going from dark to light, with some space in the image, anything else feels too tight.

I like the composition - leave the big sky - should the OP decide to sell commercially it gives a graphic designer more room to crop for a cover or to insert text. The sky is suitably strong to carry this composition off.

Naturally I would have picked a stiller day for it all but the composition with foreground works well enough minus reflections.
Cheers mate!

Very nice Martin I am a big sky fan.

Excellent image of this classic view; Ben Loyal is a wonderful hill. The balance of sky and loch looks just right, and you need that sky to get to where it darkens at the top. What was a colour version like?

Very nice Martin I am a big sky fan.
Thank you Alf :)

Excellent image of this classic view; Ben Loyal is a wonderful hill. The balance of sky and loch looks just right, and you need that sky to get to where it darkens at the top. What was a colour version like?
Thank you John. I haven't completely processed it in colour just yet, as I found getting the colour balance and colour shift from the light to dark quite tricky on this one, so took the easier option and went black and white. I'll have a look though and see if it's worth it :)

Back