Lochan na h-aclaise, Rannoch Moor.

Not much wrong there.

Thanks Steve, it's been a while since I posted a landscape and not really done much of it since I had that bump up in Glencoe.

I was watching Thomas Heaton's latest video yesterday, he was there in the recent snows and it got me thinking..

Thanks Steve, it's been a while since I posted a landscape and not really done much of it since I had that bump up in Glencoe.

I was watching Thomas Heaton's latest video yesterday, he was there in the recent snows and it got me thinking..

Everyone was up there I think. As soon as a weather warning hits folk flock to the place...

I think the sunlit snow should be brighter in fact the tones are stack a bit in the middle of the histogram I think.

Very nice shot, and nicely presented in mono.(y)

George.

I think the sunlit snow should be brighter in fact the tones are stack a bit in the middle of the histogram I think.

Thanks Alf.

I struggled with the tones during the conversion, especially the top half. I ended up putting a grad on it in LR, lifting the contrast mainly. The colour version is quite flat, especially as it was not much more than first light.

Very nice shot, and nicely presented in mono.(y)

George.

Thank you George, I think it was wasted in colour, had to be done. ;)

Thanks Alf.

I struggled with the tones during the conversion, especially the top half. I ended up putting a grad on it in LR, lifting the contrast mainly. The colour version is quite flat, especially as it was not much more than first light.

Ah I see. I am having a similar issue with a shot from Tewet tarn.

Last edited:
Ah I see. I am having a similar issue with a shot from Blea tarn.

A place I've never been too but I have looked it up on Google Earth this week, just about 3 hrs away for me, not much more than Glencoe.

May see you there one day.

Back