Lochan Urr - Glen Etive

Edit My Images
Yes
A few miles south of Glen Coe (on the Glen Etive road) you'll find this small Lochan
The two large hills in the background are Buachaille Etive Mor and Buachaille Etive Beag.
Gaelic for "The Great Shepherd of Etive" and "The Little Shepherd of Etive".

Canon 1D MKII - 17-40L
1/8s f/16.0 at 28.0mm iso100
Lee CP filter & 2 stop ND grad

74947939.jpg

WOW!!

Very nice indeed

Can't fault that! Superb! :)

I feel compelled to add that I think that is one of the best landscapes I have ever seen. For my tastes I mean.

The tones and colouring are equisite. Thank you for sharing.... made my evening. (y)

Makes me want to sell my camera.

I'll never get a shot that good

splendid :clap:

Superb shot. Love it.

Ray

That really is a stunning shot :) The tree just seems to add an excellent counterpoint to the mountains :)

Buachaille Etive Mor seems to be a very photogenic mountain, I've seen it on quite a few shots - but I have to say, none have been as good as this :)

Wonderful shot. Don't know why I didn't see it sooner!

Absolutely beautiful. Wish I was there! I've never been to Scotland - looks like I might just have to go sometime.:)

It's just the usual sickeningly good standard of all Cameron's landscapes. :wave:

Many, many thanks for all the kind words.
Kind of like this one myself. :embarrassed:

Janice said:
I feel compelled to add that I think that is one of the best landscapes I have ever seen. For my tastes I mean.

The tones and colouring are equisite. Thank you for sharing.... made my evening.
Thank you Janice ...... that's made my evening too.:wave:

Sadlybrokeboy said:
Buachaille Etive Mor seems to be a very photogenic mountain, I've seen it on quite a few shots - but I have to say, none have been as good as this
Thank you.
As you say, the Buachaille is a well photographed mountain.
Perhaps this is a more traditional shot of the Buachaille (Stob Dearg peak)
with the river Coupall in the foreground.
Taken on the same day.
75327451.jpg

wow what a shot. your pics are usually very impressive but that is just jaw dropping. one small question, whats a CP filter?
pbh

Circular polariser......the lee one is about £100 if you're interested?

Beautiful shot Mr Garnock, as per usual. Can't wait to get back up to scotland this year now I have some decent filters, tripod etc. Haven't been since I went digital.

One small question though......what's the name of the font you use? I've seen it used a lot on posters but have never been able to find it!

ah i see. never heard it called that before. i have a hoye one, cost me about £70. saving up for lee grads, is the lee nd much better?
pbh

Lovely shots. Very nicely done.

go to Scotland for a week, reckon you'd get pretty close ...

I just have, but I haven't got any to compete with these

Back