Locust

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
2254746583_5dd94f565f_o.jpg

great shot, unusual in the fact it looks like a model shot ;) Did you make him cold to get him to stay still?

Blimey! Scarey but brilliant!

Cheers.

great shot, unusual in the fact it looks like a model shot ;) Did you make him cold to get him to stay still?

Thanks. I did a couple of normal shots then thought I'll have a play with the flash off camera. Yeah he spent 5 minutes in cold water first but for his trouble I released it into the garden. Probably bird food by now.

very nice, although if i was going to be picky, i'd clone out the leg(?) on the right.

I have entomophobia but I just had to look at this.... Its amazing an gave me major goosebumps. :)

I have entomophobia but I just had to look at this.... Its amazing an gave me major goosebumps. :)

Done well to look at this then. Thanks for the comments.

Well, there's som inspiration for me! (y)

Cheers. It's real easy to setup. I was in dull lit room so that the only light in the picture would be from the flash. Sat the locust on some white card. Flash at a 90 degree angle to the locust and camera.

I can usually handle things like this with no worries. But this photo really makes my skin crawl. Brilliant photo but honeslty I cant look at it.

I think its because of the pale colour. If you have seen the film "The Decent" ? Then you'll see where im coming from.

Great work,

SB

I can usually handle things like this with no worries. But this photo really makes my skin crawl. Brilliant photo but honeslty I cant look at it.

I think its because of the pale colour. If you have seen the film "The Decent" ? Then you'll see where im coming from.

Great work,

SB

Cheers for the comments. They really arent that bad, although this was a particular large locust. About 2" in length.

Back