London BY Night - The Usual Views

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
The classic nighttime views of London, too late for the blue hour on the later shots, but it's hard to resist taking the usual photographs.

Westminster & The Thames
Westminster By Night by Chris, on Flickr

Onto Westminster Bridge for a view of the London Eye and what was County Hall
London Eye by Chris, on Flickr

Big Ben and Phone Box, with light trails
Big Ben and Telephone Box by Chris, on Flickr

Further down the Embankment for an over the river shot of the London Eye
London Eye by Chris, on Flickr

Finally a walk to Trafalgar Square for a fountain shot, then it was time to pack up and go in search of food - it was a bitter cold night
Trafalgar Square Fountain by Chris, on Flickr

One thing I'm not sure of is the white balance, I think I need to spend some time getting a consistent setting for all the images - would you agree?

Thanks for looking, any comments and critic would be appreciated.

Chris

Nice set of shots, I need to get myself on the train to London one afternoon to do some sunset/night time shooting.

I have always found the white balance tricky too with all the different types of light source. Maybe if your shooting RAW and editing it's worth doing a test shot with a grey/white card in it to help set it up properly?

Thanks Ian, you're right, I should do a calibration shot as I shoot in raw. It was the phone box shot that drew my attention to the WB, it was very orange due to the street lighting, I cooled the colour temp and it helped, Wasn't sure if I had gone too cool though. This will become less of a problem I suppose, as LED lights gradually take over.

Chris

Back