London by phone..

They look good to me for phone shots. Think I'd like to see a bit more sky in the first two though as they like look a little cramped. I'd love to have a few dinner breaks around wherever you are though :)

These are really impressive, especially the first, imagine how much better they'd be if you took your camera to work lol

Dave

Thanks very much - will probably take my LX100 into work one day as that is pretty lightweight and hoping to visit the first shot again with a tripod for either a long exposure or a blue hour shot

They look good to me for phone shots. Think I'd like to see a bit more sky in the first two though as they like look a little cramped. I'd love to have a few dinner breaks around wherever you are though :)

Thanks too - I purposely kept the top off the buildings close to the frame as it sometimes feels a bit intimidating walking around with all these tall buildings looming over you and wanted to try and portray that. This is all around the Square Mile in London.

Great set of images Sir, liking all of these very much.(y)

George.

Great set of images Sir, liking all of these very much.(y)

George.

Really nice set of photos Gary

Thanks both - I sold all my DSLR kit a while back and am left with my phone and a compact (LX100).

The plan is to buy a Fuji X-T20 and a few lenses, but having fun with the stuff I have at the moment so maybe I can save myself a few quid...

@GaryS70 You're an expensive chap to know Sir, I've never bothered with a cell phone before but had been considering getting one for a while. On the strength of the image quality of this set of shots, on Monday I visited Stormfront at Canterbury and bought the latest iPhone 7 plus and have been messing about with it. Must say I'm pretty impressed with the images etc that can be obtained from it. All I need now is some people to call.:D:D

George.

@GaryS70 You're an expensive chap to know Sir, I've never bothered with a cell phone before but had been considering getting one for a while. On the strength of the image quality of this set of shots, on Monday I visited Stormfront at Canterbury and bought the latest iPhone 7 plus and have been messing about with it. Must say I'm pretty impressed with the images etc that can be obtained from it. All I need now is some people to call.:D:D

George.

Haha, fantastic ! I have a 6s but my wife has a 7plus and the camera is a noticeable step up from my phone - the portrait mode is very impressive - hope you enjoy it !

My advice would be to install Snapseed for editing, very comprehensive app with some nice features.

You don't need people to call - no one uses their phones to talk to anyone these days :)

Like these a lot!! Amazing what phones can do now!! Obviously your skill as a photographer is still present :D

so if these are mainly phone pictures what phone and what app do you use for processing ??

Lovely perspectives and composition! Personally I'd tone down the vignetting a bit but I suppose it's all down to personal taste :LOL:

Love a bit of black and white London architecture. Really nice images, do you mind if I ask what phone you're using to capture the images?

great shots Gary
looks like i will need to buy a decent phone as my dslr is s***e :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

great shots Gary
looks like i will need to buy a decent phone as my dslr is s***e :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Haha, I sold my DSLR a while back and still not sure what I want to buy next - maybe just stick with the phone for now !

@GaryS70 - lovely work Gary, I to am a sucker for b&w architecture and some serious vignetting!

Cheers, I need to find some more stuff - they are putting up several new skyscrapers near my work, but they are taking too long to finish them !

Back