London by phone..

like this one...any older buildings around

Thanks and yes, quite a few near me - I work in a very old building but it's off limits for photography..

I don't find older buildings as inspiring, but maybe I should look around at bit more.

Thanks and yes, quite a few near me - I work in a very old building but it's off limits for photography..

I don't find older buildings as inspiring, but maybe I should look around at bit more.

I meant historical....sorry
Why can't you photograph the building you work in....no need to say if it's sensitive.

I guess modern is best...I am not a fan of the shard!

The older architecture I admit may be better in detail rather than overalll

Yep, quite a few historical places around - I am not far from St Paul's so that maybe worth a visit..

My place is seen as a potential target so cameras are frowned upon, especially inside which is a shame as its really interesting - plus, the outside is on TV a lot and everyone knows what it looks like !

I have only photographed the Shard once myself - quite a few interesting new buildings going up so looking forward to them being finished - that said, you have inspired me to look for some details in older places now..

Yep, quite a few historical places around - I am not far from St Paul's so that maybe worth a visit..

My place is seen as a potential target so cameras are frowned upon, especially inside which is a shame as its really interesting - plus, the outside is on TV a lot and everyone knows what it looks like !

I have only photographed the Shard once myself - quite a few interesting new buildings going up so looking forward to them being finished - that said, you have inspired me to look for some details in older places now..

be your own eyes Gary...you will satisfy yourself
i used to be involved with architects when i did structural design...so i did see some lovely designs...what took my attention was the detail and recurring themes
like the building whose pillars look like they were made by giant blocks...the blocks were made up of smaller blocks
and of course
frank lloyd wright

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=Hu1cWcKVFqfS8Ae2t6OQCw#q=frank+lloyd+wright+buildings

cheers
geof

Thought I would revisit this thread with a festive photo of a London building - it's festive because there are some Christmas decorations in the windows, but you can't see them :LOL:

Untitled by Gary Smith, on Flickr

Back