London - down the middle..

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
No
Went up to the Skygarden earlier today - some great views across London, even if the reflections and crowds make it a bit tricky to get a shot.

It had just stopped raining too, so had to get right up to the glass to avoid the drops. That said, it did leave these moody and dramatic clouds, so that was good.

Taken with my LX100 - still getting to grips with it and still looking to get the best from it. Perfect for around London though..

Bisect by Gary Smith, on Flickr

Last edited:

Very dramatic! …I can almost feel the low barometer pressure. …and the level of fine details…

Nice one mate, works well in mono.

Looks so much better when viewed at original upload on flickr. Very good indeed.

Thanks all..

Have to say I really like this one mate!

Cheers - have to say, I wasn't sure at first but the more I revisit it, the more I like it..

Looks so much better when viewed at original upload on flickr. Very good indeed.

Agreed - looking at it full screen at home really benefits it. I walk through London every day, but when you see it from above, you realise just how densely packed in everything is..

looks good on Flickr
A fine shot, thats certainly different from the norm, so, well done..
thumbs up from me

Very nice shot, if you can squeeze a bit more detail in the shadows of the city itself, the cloud are perfect and very menacing like they are gathering towards central london

That is a good 'atmospheric' picture and the flickr picture is indeed much better.
Hope that you did not get too wet getting there!

Fantastic shot, those clouds look really oppressive. Must get up to the sky garden, added bonus is you can't see the Walkie Talkie from there.

Really nice this. Love all that sky and the shine off the water really packs a punch.

Gaz

Looks a good moody pic - did not realise the walkie talkie had this viewing area - not been to london since it was built but will try and visit next time - the building does look quite odd design wise!

Back