London light trails

That's a great effort and it's nice to see a shot like this facing the other direction for once. Was getting a bit sick of the parliament ones.

My only gripes are that it's a bit contrasty for my tastes (subjective rather than criticism as such). And it would have been great if the wheels had been spinning but I guess it had stopped at that time of night?

Love it. this sort of image really appeals to me. When I was there in April, even at night the bridge was absolutely teaming with people and as such I just couldn't set my mini tripod up without getting it bashed into.

Yeah I did start on the other side of the road for the classic/cliched shot of Big Ben with light trails - but then decided to try an alternative perspective. I like how it turned out and I actually like the contrast between the trails and the static coloured lights of the wheel.

Must get that sensor cleaned though....

Thanks Karl. A single exposure only. 10 seconds at f/16. Think there was a couple of double-deckers that passed during those tens seconds though!

Yeah I didn't notice them surprisingly enough until after I'd posted. I'd clone them out before printing or uploading the image elsewhere. Just need to find time to clean the sensor!

Stupid question but is there anywhere round that area that is free to park at night.

I know a few places round Tower Hill that are free after 7pm but i'm getting bored with that area.

I really like this, unquestionably recognisable as London too - great capture!

Really like that Brian, excellent light trails and good colour in the sky with the added bonus of the eye too.

Only little niggle I have is the double yellows and the bike lane, I just find it a little distracting, but its probably just me :)

I agree on seeing a shot facing the other direction! The big ben light trail has been done to death! Congratulations!

Thanks all - I did take the cliched shot from the other direction first - but then I thought I'd try the other side of the road. Glad I did.

Only little niggle I have is the double yellows and the bike lane, I just find it a little distracting, but its probably just me :)

I quite like the lines of the double yellows and the line of the kerb - I think they complement the light trails, but I'm not so sure about the end of the bike lane being in shot. If I was printing this I'd try cloning out the writing and symbol and maybe just extend the white line.

Back