London locations for male street photoshoot

Name
Irina
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyome reccomend location in central London that would suit for the male photosoot? Some urban spaces, cool buildings etc.
South Bank pops into my mind...
I mainly shoot femails or families in the parks, so slightly stuck on which location to choose for single male shoot.

Thanks

You might try somewhere like Brick Lane for the brickwork and graffiti backdrops. Of course this is a far from original idea - you'll probably see half a dozen hipsters doing the same thing.

The South Bank could be a good choice, especially the undercroft of the Queen Elizabeth Hall where the skateboarders and graffiti are, and around the Gabriel's Wharf area with its colourful market; the area around the London Eye could make a great backdrop, though the living statues and other acts might compete for the eye; the More London area is good for a more modern, business-like feel.

Likewise Brick Lane is a good choice because it's not all graffiti and clothes markets; there are some interesting buildings and walls to shoot against. And if you're in that area, check out the areas around Petticoat Lane (Essex Street), Spitalfields, and the Shoreditch Boxpark area.

There are some great urban areas around Lambeth and Southwark, but you have to hunt around a fair bit. For interesting but plumb ugly there's the Barbican. And for something different, you could check out the docklands areas around Canary Wharf.

The Barbican area is interesting but security might kick you out. Otherwise check out Leake Street tunnel behind Waterloo station

Quite honestly I would forget the busy places like the South Bank where there will be too many people. Find some edgy backwaters. I did two fashion shoots for magazines last year and we had a location scout look for the best spots; she came up with Blossom Street in Shoreditch (near Brick Lane) and Cousin Lane in the City (near London Bridge). At both locations there's plenty of exposed brick, some graffiti, warehouse doors etc and if you choose the right time of day the light is terrific.

Quite honestly I would forget the busy places like the South Bank where there will be too many people. Find some edgy backwaters. I did two fashion shoots for magazines last year and we had a location scout look for the best spots; she came up with Blossom Street in Shoreditch (near Brick Lane) and Cousin Lane in the City (near London Bridge). At both locations there's plenty of exposed brick, some graffiti, warehouse doors etc and if you choose the right time of day the light is terrific.

Thanks a lot for the street suggestions. I've looked them up and Cousin Lane would do location wise and great backdrop!

The South Bank could be a good choice, especially the undercroft of the Queen Elizabeth Hall where the skateboarders and graffiti are, and around the Gabriel's Wharf area with its colourful market; the area around the London Eye could make a great backdrop, though the living statues and other acts might compete for the eye; the More London area is good for a more modern, business-like feel.

Likewise Brick Lane is a good choice because it's not all graffiti and clothes markets; there are some interesting buildings and walls to shoot against. And if you're in that area, check out the areas around Petticoat Lane (Essex Street), Spitalfields, and the Shoreditch Boxpark area.

There are some great urban areas around Lambeth and Southwark, but you have to hunt around a fair bit. For interesting but plumb ugly there's the Barbican. And for something different, you could check out the docklands areas around Canary Wharf.

Thank you for the suggestons!
As the photoshoot will be around 11am on Saturday, ive figured that it will be just too busy on the South Bank.
I am keen on City and Barbican

Personally id just spend a bit of time taking a stroll around an area and look for the light and interesting backdrops. Did that around Shoreditch/Hoxton area for a shoot

B0003244

B0003110

B0003130
Thanks for the example! They are great! I am planning to get to the location earlier to check it out myself. The photoshoot is a leaving present for a guy from hos colleagues, so i have no idea who he is and want to check few places to choose from.

Thats all good to check out places but just remember the light in a place will change according to time of day (and weather etc)

Back