London Night Shoot

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
More as a social really but I went to London with a couple of friends to catch up and do some photography. I have already posted the bonus sunset images from Tower Bridge towards the Shard which we weren't initially expecting, so here are some more from the course of the evening. It is strange still taking pictures at 11.30 at night!

St Paul's Cathedral by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Shard More London by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Southwark Bridge by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

St Paul's Cathedral Water Fountain by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Millennium Bridge London by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Millennium Bridge London by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Walkie Talkie Building 20 Fenchurch Street London by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Thanks for looking C & C welcome as usual.

Very nice set of shots. I always prefer the composition of 6 over 5 - the bridge is too long and thin and the buildings are pretty dull in 5. I am after a shot like 7 one evening too, and you've got a very nice perspective here. I tried from on London Bridge just after Christmas but the foreground was too messy. I really like 2 as well. The green at the top of the Shard really helps.

4 and 6 work best for me, with 4 looking like water is being drained out of st. Paul's. As Ian said, the bridge in 6 works really well and the lighting/excitement of both bridge and buildings balance each other well.

An excellent set, nicely processed ;)

All are cracking, especially #6 and I absolutely love #1 with the Christmas tree in front! (y)

I like the composition of one but would have taken just a bit more off the bottom to hide the grating/drain on the bottom left. It's the best one and a good use of actual night to go B&W.

The others are as good as they can be PP wise but the twilight produces a nicer colour palate, as you know.

Great set of images, like the colours in the millennium bridge images.

Very nice set of shots. I always prefer the composition of 6 over 5 - the bridge is too long and thin and the buildings are pretty dull in 5. I am after a shot like 7 one evening too, and you've got a very nice perspective here. I tried from on London Bridge just after Christmas but the foreground was too messy. I really like 2 as well. The green at the top of the Shard really helps.

Thanks Ian, yes the colour show during December added something to the shot for me. Shot 7 is a long lens job from more London.

4 and 6 work best for me, with 4 looking like water is being drained out of st. Paul's. As Ian said, the bridge in 6 works really well and the lighting/excitement of both bridge and buildings balance each other well.

An excellent set, nicely processed ;)

All are cracking, especially #6 and I absolutely love #1 with the Christmas tree in front! (y)

Cheers guys.

I like the composition of one but would have taken just a bit more off the bottom to hide the grating/drain on the bottom left. It's the best one and a good use of actual night to go B&W.

The others are as good as they can be PP wise but the twilight produces a nicer colour palate, as you know.

Thanks Steve, the St Paul's shot I am really pleased with. I knew it would be black and white before I took the shot. Good critique too, I will clone that drain out so I can keep the kerbstone at the bottom on the right, but I never thought about it myself originally.

a lovely set of shots

Nice pics. 1st and last for me. The mono is excellent.

Nice set Craig. 1 and 2 are the stand outs for me.

Great set of images, like the colours in the millennium bridge images.

Thanks a lot.

Very nice images.
I often shoot these places, but in timelapses, so with different priorities.
I should do more night one...

One day London will eliminate sodium street lighting.

When that happens, we will no longer suffer from "brown skies" in night shots taken under cloudy conditions.

Although I love B&W photos of architecture, your colour shots are fantastic. nice work

Very nice images.
I often shoot these places, but in timelapses, so with different priorities.
I should do more night one...

Thanks Justin, plenty of opportunity for night work, it is not so weather/natural light dependent as regular landscape photos.

One day London will eliminate sodium street lighting.

When that happens, we will no longer suffer from "brown skies" in night shots taken under cloudy conditions.

I know, in the past I'd never shoot beyond the blue hour for that reason, and the contrast issues.

Although I love B&W photos of architecture, your colour shots are fantastic. nice work

Thanks Heath!

Wonderful images indeed Craig a pleasure to view with my old eyes..

Back