Votes: 7 87.5%
  • August

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
All sounds good to me, might want to get a ticket that includes a travelcard.
You can also use contactless on the transport and it's capped at about eight quid.
I think a travelcard is even cheaper as part of a ticket and railcards count towards them too.
Another thing to consider are the 2 for 1 deals for visitors travelling by train.
Cablecar across the Thames is excellent, cheaper with a travelcard as are the Thames Clipper boats.
I'm not sure if the Astrophotographer Of The Year display is still on at Greenwich Observatory.
I usually have a look at the photos, often some very impressive ones and great views across the city from there too.

OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
All sounds good to me, might want to get a ticket that includes a travelcard.
You can also use contactless on the transport and it's capped at about eight quid.
I think a travelcard is even cheaper as part of a ticket and railcards count towards them too.
Another thing to consider are the 2 for 1 deals for visitors travelling by train.
Cablecar across the Thames is excellent, cheaper with a travelcard as are the Thames Clipper boats.
I'm not sure if the Astrophotographer Of The Year display is still on at Greenwich Observatory.
I usually have a look at the photos, often some very impressive ones and great views across the city from there too.
As you know more of London than me @tijuana taxi do you want to pick a place where we can all meet ?

OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
I've put it in the diary.

In practice, my work might be too busy to take that day, but I'll know nearer the time.

In theory, I like it!
Hope you can make it Dave.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
As you know more of London than me @tijuana taxi do you want to pick a place where we can all meet ?
I can do Dave, depends a bit on where people are coming in to.
As I mentioned earlier Covent Garden is pretty central and not a bad starting point.
One of the cafes in the central market is nice on a decent day, some interesting buildings nearby too.
The one they depict as MI5 HQ in Spooks is the Freemason Hall in nearby Gt Queen St.

OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
I can do Dave, depends a bit on where people are coming in to.
As I mentioned earlier Covent Garden is pretty central and not a bad starting point.
One of the cafes in the central market is nice on a decent day, some interesting buildings nearby too.
The one they depict as MI5 HQ in Spooks is the Freemason Hall in nearby Gt Queen St.
Yes please Rich, I`m glad I had a go at setting this up as I look forward to meeting everyone. I will be coming from Brighton.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
It's be a long day but with enough notice and a cheap advance train ticket it could be a goewr :D

I may even bring my profile pic Fuji :D

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Yes please Rich, I`m glad I had a go at setting this up as I look forward to meeting everyone. I will be coming from Brighton.
Well done, looking forward to it, love my home city, favourite place in the world.
Have to work out bit of a route, so much to see and can only do so much in a day.
What do people want to see and photograph?
Inns of Court are interesting, many a TV programme filmed there, Old Curiosity Shop just round the corner too.
Dr Johnson's house nearby off Fleet St as is St Brides Church, Old Bailey too on the way to St Pauls.
So much already and that's just in a small area, Somerset House is nearby along with the entrance to the old Kingsway tram tunnel

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
Well done, looking forward to it, love my home city, favourite place in the world.
Have to work out bit of a route, so much to see and can only do so much in a day.
What do people want to see and photograph?
For me I`d love to photograph The Houses of Parliament and Big Ben and the bridge if it`s London Bridge I think.

OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
I wonder if you mean Tower bridge?
London bridge itself is nothing special...
It`s been a very long time for me being in London, but yes that`s the one Tower Bridge.

nandbytes

I owe Cobra some bacon
Edit My Images
Yes
if you guys are quick and plan a little ahead you might be able to get a booking to the sky gardens which is free and rather nice.

OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
You can go up on the glass floor walkway above Tower Bridge now and its in the 2 for 1 by train offers
I`m actually thinking about staying over night in London, but check it out.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I`m actually thinking about staying over night in London, but check it out.
Never been there, sounds like a nice place.
Shard is good, bit pricy though as is St Pauls, think they charge for the Monument as well now.
OXO Tower is another popular viewpoint and roof of the Tate Modern as well

Last edited:
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Will book a cheap advance rail ticket in the morning, July 3rd it is then.
I do have a Fuji camera and lens, but think it will be a Panasonic and Olympus combo for me on the day.

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
No
Never been there, sounds like a nice place.
Shard is good, bit pricy though as is St Pauls, think they charge for the Monument as well now.
OXO Tower is another popular viewpoint and roof of the Tate Modern as well
Monement is £5 but uncomfortable and crowded. Can only get a small lens through the fence wire too.

OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
I do have a Fuji camera and lens, but think it will be a Panasonic and Olympus combo for me on the day.
Yes 100% from me for the Wednesday 3rd between 10.30-11.00am. And thank you guys as I look forward to meeting you all, and as said I`ll get the first drink in.

OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
So is it going to be a cafe in Covent Garden we meet at/in ?

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I will chuck in Café Nero at 10 Bedford St, Covent Garden, London WC2E 7HE
So many to choose from, if anyone else has other places in mind please fire away.
Just thought that sort of area was pretty central and accessible no matter where you are coming in from.

OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
So many to choose from, if anyone else has other places in mind please fire away.
Just thought that sort of area was pretty central and accessible no matter where you are coming in from.
That`s great for me as just had a look on Google Maps, not far from the Adelphi Threatre.

OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
OK folks, to all who are coming this is where we will meet on WEDNESDAY 3rd JULY between 10.30-11.00am. I will get my ticket in the next day or too, plus a travel card. Cafe Nero at 10 Bedford St, Covent Garden, London WC2E 7HE

Last edited:
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
OK folks, to all who are coming this is where we will meet on WEDNESDAY 3rd JULY between 10.30-11.00am. I will get my ticket in the next day or too, plus a travel card. Cafe Nero at 10 Bedford St, Covent Garden, London WC2E 7HE
Excellent, expect we will be strolling most of the time so can probably do without the travel card.
Just use contactless for a single journey or two if needed, its the same price fare as an Oyster card and capped at around eight quid a day.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
2 days before I'm off for LAGC, but hopeful of getting the time off.
It'll be a week before I can confirm either way as my boss is off next week.

I might go and look at the Roman Fort Gate and City Walls by the Barbican to see if it's worth trotting down that way.
St Alphage (bombed out church) on London Wall is worth a few minutes too.