• August

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Lost nearly everyone at Leake St

Had a really nice day and great meeting everyone. Apologies if some of my location facts were a bit boring.
On the train Northwards now, next stop Stevenage.
Cheers for now
Rich

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a good day, perfect weather for the stroll about. Excellent tour guide by TT. Got separated at Leake street, waited at the end with the minis for a while and then headed back along Thames to fenchurch streets

Name
Laurence
Edit My Images
Yes
Excellent day today, just a pity I had to cut it short early afternoon. Lovely to meet up with new people and renew my acquaintance with Steve @Jelster . Rich @tijuana taxi did a brilliant job shepherding us around with his extensive knowledge, you were never boring Rich!
Where is everyone going to put up their shots from today?

OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
Great to meat you all today. Thanks to @Dave70D for organising. So sorry you couldn’t make it. Thanks also to @tijuana taxi for picking up the baton and have loads of interesting facts about the places we visited.
Now having a nice cold cider. I think I’ve earned it after getting on for 20,000 steps!!
Glad you all had a great meet up, I was gutted I had to miss today but still going out but not for long.

OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
Nice to hear it was a great success.
Sorry you weren't able to go Dave....such a shame.
I was seriously considering joining you, but couldn't juggle the time in the end!
If there is going to be further meet-ups in the future, I would love to tag along.
:)

If folk are into architecture I will set up a Brighton meet up for about September when the kids are back in school.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
@Dave70D your health comes first mate, get your strength back and hopefully we can all get together in Brighton.

Here are a few early edits from today...

A bit of street at Leake Street

Leake Street
by Tim White, on Flickr

Some action at the undervault

The Undervault - Southbank
by Tim White, on Flickr

Lensbaby shot from the Tate Modern

Tate Modern - Millennium Bridge
by Tim White, on Flickr

Tate Modern

Tate Modern
by Tim White, on Flickr

Reflecting at St Pauls

Reflecting at St Pauls
by Tim White, on Flickr

Lincoln Inn Fields

Lincoln Inn Fields
by Tim White, on Flickr

Lincoln Inn Fields
by Tim White, on Flickr

Lincoln Inn Fields
by Tim White, on Flickr

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
No more than 8 images per post eh? I'm not come across that restriction before ;)

Message of the day...

b*****ks to Boris
by Tim White, on Flickr

And finally, whatever you do, have PRIDE.

Pride
by Tim White, on Flickr

it will be interesting to see what others have taken from the day.

It's good to see that @tijuana taxi has made it safely back across the river from the Deep Sarf :eek:

OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
@Dave70D your health comes first mate, get your strength back and hopefully we can all get together in Brighton.

Here are a few early edits from today...

A bit of street at Leake Street

Leake Street
by Tim White, on Flickr

Some action at the undervault

The Undervault - Southbank
by Tim White, on Flickr

Lensbaby shot from the Tate Modern

Tate Modern - Millennium Bridge
by Tim White, on Flickr

Tate Modern

Tate Modern
by Tim White, on Flickr

Reflecting at St Pauls

Reflecting at St Pauls
by Tim White, on Flickr

Lincoln Inn Fields

Lincoln Inn Fields
by Tim White, on Flickr

Lincoln Inn Fields
by Tim White, on Flickr

Lincoln Inn Fields
by Tim White, on Flickr

Cracking set of shots Tim.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got indoors, time for a cuppa and a sarnie, bit peckish after all that wandering around.
Glad everyone had a good day, bit concerned going that far south, must have nearly been in France.

Some good photos there Tim, hope some of mine have come out that well.
Take care all and hope to see you again on another meet.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
If folk are into architecture I will set up a Brighton meet up for about September when the kids are back in school.
I would be up for that, earliest I can get to Brighton though is 11.20am
Trains before that are getting on for 70 quid return, bit pricey for a wander by the seaside
Can get to Cromer or Sheringham for about £12 return, but ok with the off peak return to the south coast for about £30

OP
OP
Dave70D
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
I would be up for that, earliest I can get to Brighton though is 11.20am
Trains before that are getting on for 70 quid return, bit pricey for a wander by the seaside
Can get to Cromer or Sheringham for about £12 return, but ok with the off peak return to the south coast for about £30
Once I`ve been at the gym for a bit I hope to be fit enough to get one up and running.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
A really nice selection of shots from what was a great day.
Still think we should get @tijuana taxi one of those flags to carry for one we have the next week since he did such a stellar job.
Thanks for that Graham, really makes me want to go on another meet :)
Thought my bright t shirt and shorts were easy to spot along with as someone mentioned my white legs.

Last edited:
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Was indeed a good day, got me thinking about a similar style meet in Cambridge.
Lived here long enough to point out some interesting bits, its quite a compact city with something for most interests
Midweek is best when the language students have gone home after the summer
Good rail links now Thameslink goes direct from south of the river, services from Kings Cross and Liverpool St too

Any interest?

Last edited:

GarethB

Likes to peek
Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
I might be interested in a Cambridge meet Rich.(y)
Been looking into trains from Norwich to Brighton, and I'm not sure I could make it due to it being at least a three hour journey, two connections, tube etc, and a bit pricey to boot! Sorry Dave!

I used to live in Cambridge many years ago however (pre tog years), and really enjoyed my time there.
It would be great to revisit some of my old haunts!
I could conceivably drive there - probably a two hour drive at most - or the train would certainly be another option.

So you can pencil me in as a 'definitely-maybe' at this stage....pending date decisions.
:)

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
Was indeed a good day, got me thinking about a similar style meet in Cambridge.
Lived here long enough to point out some interesting bits, its quite a compact city with something for most interests
Midweek is best when the language students have gone home after the summer
Good rail links now Thameslink goes direct from south of the river, services from Kings Cross and Liverpool St too

Any interest?

Definitely; I used to spend a lot of time in Cambridge with work but never had the chance to do photography. If the dates and cost work out (plane/boat/overnight trip for me) I would be very interested.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Thank you both, i'm extremely flexible on dates and for those further afield it makes sense to arrange it with them in mind.
I will post it up soon under a new thread, it was a good turn out for the London meet and appears people enjoyed it

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Definitely a could be, depending on dates and being able to get a day off in the peak holiday season.
Was thinking after the kids go back and the students return to uni.
Autumn can be very pleasant, driest part of the country here in the East.