London: Reflections and the City

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Its been a long year for me with little opportunity to either take and post photographs or contribute a lot on TP. But thats about to change :)

Here's a selection of 6 shots taken on a London walkabout yesterday along the river and in the City

Comments and critique, good or bad are always welcomed :)

1) Pots

6517628913_38a8b092a5_b.jpg

2) Gherkin Reflected

6521199213_d89832a44e_b.jpg

3) Reflect

6517628587_64b9487fdf_b.jpg

4) Crowded City

6521199801_32b353f2e3_b.jpg

5) St Paul's Reflected

6518138623_993a9d7657_b.jpg

6) Foursquare and a crane

6521200355_9125469176_b.jpg

Love #1 John, the clarity, sharpness and contrast between the chimney pots and the Gherkin are sublime. PS, still waiting to hear when your Ska band are going to visit the smoke?

Cheers Rob, thanks for the comment!

Skafinger not yet booked for London

I might post some clips from a recent Midlands gig in Out Of Focus later :)

3 & 6 for me. But then i am a sucker for those types of shots.

I do like the first too but feel that it would be stronger with portrait orientation, which would mirror the shape of the 'pots'.

I love where you see image most people dont look all around at the reflections and crops...;)

Always a pleasure to view your walkabouts in london. Let me know one day when your going into town I would love a wander around with you..!!

Dave(y)

All good John but #6 is outstanding, abstract at its best! :clap:

Hi, John, #1 is very sharp and I like to juxtaposition of the old and the new.

#6, I'm liking as well. Great composition and I have to say, if the crane wasn't distorted by the glass it wouldn't be half as good, but as it is...great photograph.

Cheers.

3 & 6 for me. But then i am a sucker for those types of shots.

I do like the first too but feel that it would be stronger with portrait orientation, which would mirror the shape of the 'pots'.

Thanks Martyn - interesting thought I might have a play with that idea :)

I love where you see image most people dont look all around at the reflections and crops...;)

Always a pleasure to view your walkabouts in london. Let me know one day when your going into town I would love a wander around with you..!!

Dave(y)

Thanks Dave - very kind of you - I have bags of time off in lieu in the next 3 months - lets sort something :)

All good John but #6 is outstanding, abstract at its best! :clap:

Many thanks Marc :)

WOW!! I love them all. #1 definitely my favourite though (y)

Alexandra thanks for that - much appreciated ! (y)

Hi, John, #1 is very sharp and I like to juxtaposition of the old and the new.

#6, I'm liking as well. Great composition and I have to say, if the crane wasn't distorted by the glass it wouldn't be half as good, but as it is...great photograph.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, glad you like the shot and thanks for commenting :)

Stunning set John, 3,5,and6 stand out for me (y)

Too kind Allan and thanks for taking the time to comment :)

I have been to all of these locations many times and have never come away with anything I've liked....yet I know there's a great image there somewhere:thinking:

You've proved there are at least 6!(y)

I'll be back there soon having a fresh look, inspired by you!

What lens was this?

Just to add that 5 is the best for me as what I like about the City is the juxtaposition of new and old, which this image demonstrates.

I have been to all of these locations many times and have never come away with anything I've liked....yet I know there's a great image there somewhere:thinking:

You've proved there are at least 6!(y)

I'll be back there soon having a fresh look, inspired by you!

What lens was this?

Just to add that 5 is the best for me as what I like about the City is the juxtaposition of new and old, which this image demonstrates.

Many thanks Luke, those are kind words :)

The lens was my trusty Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS - I rarely use any others when I'm out and about on a City walkabout :)

Absolutely love number 5, just wish the light wasn't in the top right :(

These are the sort of shots I need to see to give me some inspiration when out and about, cheers!

Thanks Karl - I guess I could have cloned that light out.... :)

I missed these John...number 3 for me as I love the mix of abstract with the vibrant colours (y)

Nice set of images John.....I like the pots. So sharp and lovely colour

Thanks Canoncan :)

I missed these John...number 3 for me as I love the mix of abstract with the vibrant colours (y)

Thanks Rob....much appreciated :)

Lovely colours, are they from the camera or post processing?

1, 4 and 6 are my fav.

Cheers Anthony - not much processing involved in these...a little perspective shifting on the reflection shots and maybe a tiny increase in saturation where there is colour on those ones. Otherwise as shot.

:)

Back