London Series *UPDATE Feb 2017

Edit My Images
No
*EDIT - Have changed the title to better reflect the content and the fact that I keep updating the thread with shots in this theme, rather than start a new thread each time!

Bit of a clichéd shot, but not one I've taken before and a different processing technique for me, going for a contrasty, desaturated look - quite like it...

Millenium Bridge by Ash Smith, on Flickr

Last edited:
I quite like it too (y) The processing really highlights the bridge structure and makes something interesting of what could have been quite a lot of grey

Last edited:
@sirch Thanks Chris, I have a wider version too (a more panoramic effect), but I think I prefer this one (it fits the "golden ratio" nicely!). It was a particularly grey day, which accentuated the potential problem, but I am rather pleased with this the more I look at it.

I do like the processing (y)

Another from the same set...

fbd0705bda3777e977f07130060455de

https://500px.com/photo/181449929/saints-crossing-by-ash

I too like the shot overall and the processing, but wish the sky was processed to give detail all the way down, rather than an apparently blown halo behind St. Pauls etc

I prefer he effect on this last shot, because it looks less like a halo/excess vignetting and more believable (though the vignette could be a little less for my taste).

A really interesting set, I do like the processing on these, gives a gritty feel to them. Keep 'em coming. :)

I like the compositions very much, but I do find the editing a little harsh.

Nice set of images. I like the processing it gives a common motif to the series. My only criticism is some of the highlights are blown, making the images look a bit instagramish. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Nice work.

Back