London Wander....

Edit My Images
Yes
Today I was a little late so I had to take the train to london, so I decided instead of taking the X-Pro 2 I would take the X-T1 for a day out so it did not think it had been forgotten about.

Here are a selection of images from the day, taken with the XT 35mm F2

Station in to the Sun by NPW Photography, on Flickr

Thames View by NPW Photography, on Flickr

Westminster Bridge Wedding Couple by NPW Photography, on Flickr

Thames View From Westminster Bridge by NPW Photography, on Flickr

Snapper by NPW Photography, on Flickr

Westminster Stone Work by NPW Photography, on Flickr

Westminster Doors by NPW Photography, on Flickr

Rennie and Roadworks by NPW Photography, on Flickr

I still love this camera and it always makes me smile when I use it, the EVF is huge and puts the EVF on the X-Pro 2 to shame.

Nigel

Nice, I really like the first image. I enjoy dabbling with street photography, I'm no good at it but I enjoy my attempts, I'm new to photography so it's taught me a lot - I can't pause to think about settings if the picture needs to be taken within the next few seconds or it's gone. It's a shame London is so far from me now, not been in years but I'd enjoy a day wandering round the south bank and then Covent Garden and Soho.

The wedding couple on Westminster bridge always seems so cliched - not you taking the picture, the fact there are people standing their having pictures taken. Talk about wanting attention! Yeah you got married, good for you, get over it and move on, you are in the way and slowing the traffic down!

A good set,as usual Nigel, love that first one at the station.

Today I was a little late so I had to take the train to london, so I decided instead of taking the X-Pro 2 I would take the X-T1 for a day out so it did not think it had been forgotten about.

Here are a selection of images from the day, taken with the XT 35mm F2

Station in to the Sun by NPW Photography, on Flickr

I still love this camera and it always makes me smile when I use it, the EVF is huge and puts the EVF on the X-Pro 2 to shame.

Nigel

you nailed it with that one...the rest are touristy but this is down to reality in the big city..
the 7:05 to waterloo from hampton was my hike and it brings back memories of those cold mornings with a wake up sun and a hot croissant and coffee waiting at the 'loo..the a charge to the northern line for the office at camden...
makes living in the sticks worth it??
what station is this?
cheers
geof

Nice, I really like the first image. I enjoy dabbling with street photography, I'm no good at it but I enjoy my attempts, I'm new to photography so it's taught me a lot - I can't pause to think about settings if the picture needs to be taken within the next few seconds or it's gone. It's a shame London is so far from me now, not been in years but I'd enjoy a day wandering round the south bank and then Covent Garden and Soho.

The wedding couple on Westminster bridge always seems so cliched - not you taking the picture, the fact there are people standing their having pictures taken. Talk about wanting attention! Yeah you got married, good for you, get over it and move on, you are in the way and slowing the traffic down!

Thanks for the coments NDevon, I find that most of the wander round london shots turn out to be quite samey now, as I am for ever wandering but I like to keep my eye out for anything new.

you nailed it with that one...the rest are touristy but this is down to reality in the big city..
the 7:05 to waterloo from hampton was my hike and it brings back memories of those cold mornings with a wake up sun and a hot croissant and coffee waiting at the 'loo..the a charge to the northern line for the office at camden...
makes living in the sticks worth it??
what station is this?
cheers
geof

Mr Toad,

The station in question is West Malling and is my start point to london when I miss my other more relaxed form of transportation.

I try to avoid the trains as I hate the expense and the overcrowding , I like my nice aircon on the coach.

Nigel

Nice set :)

Are the B&W conversion sooc?

Nawty

I tend to shoot RAW so all my conversions are carried out with one clip in Lightroom, I have made many presets over the years so I have a few favs though.

Nigel

Mr Toad,

The station in question is West Malling and is my start point to london when I miss my other more relaxed form of transportation.

I try to avoid the trains as I hate the expense and the overcrowding , I like my nice aircon on the coach.

Nigel
:plus1:

i agree about trains...when i worked north london..wembley...it was travel by luxury v8 rover sdi 3.5 automatic

1500878.jpg

then i smashed it up in feltham...one dark night

Back