Critique London - Westminster Bridge

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this is the best place to show this but it was taken in London so thought Urban was the best place.

Had a trip up to London to try some light trails but wasn't really keen on how they turned out, this was probably my favourite from the trip. Would be happy to hear if you think it works or not and any suggestions to improve.

london lights by Steve, on Flickr

I like the shot may have been better with Big Ben in the background?

Doesn't do anything for me im afraid.
I think if you had waited till it was dark then maybe but do not think you would have had the houses in the background.
One of those that's caught between a rock and a hard place.

Thanks for taking the time to look and reply.

No, I think it's great. It tells a story, draws you in to study the details you can't see... and that's a fine thing for a shot to do!

Pleased you liked it, thanks for the encouragement.

I like the shot may have been better with Big Ben in the background?

This was taken from the wrong side of the bridge to manage it in this shot but when I'm up again I may have a look to see if it would be possible to get the right angle to have big ben in something similar.

Doesn't do anything for me im afraid.
I think if you had waited till it was dark then maybe but do not think you would have had the houses in the background.
One of those that's caught between a rock and a hard place.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it's always good to hear others opinions and ideas.

Thanks @ynot , your right it doesn't particularly say London, as mentioned above I might try and see if I can get an angle from the other side of the bridge to do something similar with big ben in the background. Not sure it will be possible though. Also, thanks for pointing out the spot, I had missed that, will have to correct it on the original.

I would agree it doesn't really look like London - more like Paris infact - but it's a nice shot none the less and composed nicely.

Back