Long-eared Owl hunting

Edit My Images
Yes
Another shot, from the summer, of one of the breeding pair if LEO's I spent many happy hours watching

D7200, Sigma 150-600c,

1/1000th, f6.3, ISO 3200 @600mm, heavy'ish crop

All critique, comments/feedback welcome :)

Long-eared Owl by Phil D, on Flickr

Last edited:
Amazing Phil, really like this one.

The colours really give off the summer vibe (y)
me too phil ya can feel the warmth. Just gorgeous and a sight way too rare in our summer.sadly
buddy can you pull a bit more right and low from the full frame?? If there is more clean bkg then maybe owl is strong enough to hold the frame and have a bit more to hunt into???
just a thought kiddo

stu

Fabulous shot Phil. You did well to capture this bird in flight at all but to have created such a great all-round image is a real triumph.

Lovely shot Phil. With a nice clean BG.

Thanks Gary

Amazing Phil, really like this one.

The colours really give off the summer vibe (y)

Thanks Wez

great shot

Thanks Brent

me too phil ya can feel the warmth. Just gorgeous and a sight way too rare in our summer.sadly
buddy can you pull a bit more right and low from the full frame?? If there is more clean bkg then maybe owl is strong enough to hold the frame and have a bit more to hunt into???
just a thought kiddo

stu

Many thanks Stu, good crit (y)

It was the one thing that bugged me about the shot. Sadly the bird is in the bottom quarter of the frame, not only that, I gave the shot some clockwise rotation to straighten the posts, putting the wing even closer to the right of the frame.

I might have a go at adding some canvas on the right, see it it looks genuine, especially as I'm looking to print a few of my LEO shots and this will probably be one of them, cheers mate :)

A beauty Stuart and a pleasure to watch

Sorry Phil lost the plot again m8 looking at to many things

Thanks Kevin and no problem at all :)

very nice.

Thanks Mark

Fabulous shot Phil. You did well to capture this bird in flight at all but to have created such a great all-round image is a real triumph.

Thanks Gary, much appreciated. I've said it more than once, we're very fortunate to have these beautiful birds out hunting in daylight during the breeding season, they do become a bit of an obsession though! :D

Back