Wild Long eared owl perched

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
Its only this last month or so i have tried to get shots of the LEO
This is last nights result (with a some top help on the location from @Phil-D)
The shot was taken at aprox 9.00pm last night ,handheld at 1/20sec with IS activated ,iso 3200 -1/3ev
This is not the finished article for me yet,just need to spend more time .
Long eared owl (1 of 1)-4 by dennis greenwood, on Flickr

I like that a lot Den, the detail in the eyes is superb, looks good with its tufts up (y)

cracking shots dont thing we have these owls up here in Scotland

You are such a lucky b*****d den :LOL:

Very jealous of this. Infact, is possibly better than all of the little owl posts. What a beautiful looking bird!

You are such a lucky b*****d den :LOL:

Very jealous of this. Infact, is possibly better than all of the little owl posts. What a beautiful looking bird!
The first shot was at 1/20 sec with iso 3200 handheld and to be honest i didint look on the back of the screen at all,i waited untill they were onthe PC when i got home as i just thought i had no chance of a decent shot ,i was pleasently surprised ,i will be going back for more after summer .

I'm still toying with the idea of a longer lens, but not sure if the 150-600 is going to cut it. Even wirh a tc , i doubt i'll get images as close you you get

I'm still toying with the idea of a longer lens, but not sure if the 150-600 is going to cut it. Even wirh a tc , i doubt i'll get images as close you you get
with information i knew this bird would land on at least one of four posts at dusk,on the previous nights it landed on the two posts furthest away from me while i was set up at the nearset ,after a couple of nights it eventualy landed on the nearest its just a case of hanging on in hope ,this shot was with a 500mm

Back