Captive Long-eared Owl

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Had an enjoyable owl workshop with 'Photographers on Safari' whilst up in Northumberland last month, a great photography opportunity and a good range of available dates for the workshops enabled me to take a place whilst I was away.
Over the workshop we managed to photograph a Barn Owl + two chicks, a Tawny Owl + two chicks, a Short-eared Owl, a Little Owl and a Snowy Owl as well as this delightful Long-eared Owl.

(The Owl is captive so I have made no attempt to cropl any evidence of this.)

Long-Eared Owl
by Roger, on Flickr

Long-Eared Owl
by Roger, on Flickr

Long-Eared Owl
by Roger, on Flickr

Long-Eared Owl
by Roger, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice shots.

Is that the workshop that someone posted in here a little while back with the Owl in front of the picturesque waterfall?

When I went on a workshop a few months ago, they spend time hiding the jessies for you, but we all know full well that they're captive! :D

Very nice shots.

Is that the workshop that someone posted in here a little while back with the Owl in front of the picturesque waterfall?

When I went on a workshop a few months ago, they spend time hiding the jessies for you, but we all know full well that they're captive! :D

It's not the same workshop Wez but it's basically the same birds and locations, including the waterfall setting.

Waterfall.jpg

Absolutely love these, gramps. What a stunning bird (and so well taken)

Back