Critique Long exposure at Troon ballast bank

Quite heavy vignetting. Was that intentional? Also would have liked to see some separation between the right hand thingamy and the land.

Not really Craig, I'm still trying to get the hang of Lightroom so not sure how to remove the vignetting!

Not really Craig, I'm still trying to get the hang of Lightroom so not sure how to remove the vignetting!
Wish I could help. I could tell you how to do it in Camera Raw but have no experience of LR. Someone will be along shortly with the knowledge. (y)

I was using my Lee big stopper so I think that makes the vignette worse

Under the 'Lens Correction' tab, click 'Enable Profile Corrections' (although don't think this would factor in the filter). If that doesn't work, there's the 'Vignetting' tab underneath that, which you can use to cancel it out, if you so wish.

Nice shot though, I like it - what are the things sticking out of the water from?

Under the 'Lens Correction' tab, click 'Enable Profile Corrections' (although don't think this would factor in the filter). If that doesn't work, there's the 'Vignetting' tab underneath that, which you can use to cancel it out, if you so wish.

Nice shot though, I like it - what are the things sticking out of the water from?

I think they used to hold sewer pipes that ran in to the sea at some point

Scott,

I quite like the vignetting and think it adds something to the image; I do agree with the other comments about the separation between the land and the pipe holder (if you will). If the separation was there or maybe if you shot it from another angle then you would have a nice serene photo.

James

Scott,

I quite like the vignetting and think it adds something to the image; I do agree with the other comments about the separation between the land and the pipe holder (if you will). If the separation was there or maybe if you shot it from another angle then you would have a nice serene photo.

James

Thanks James and I agree about the separation, once it was mentioned above I looked at the picture and seen it straight away [emoji107]

Will maybe try and get down for another shot......with no vignetting and some separation [emoji23]

Back