Long Tailed Tit

One of my favourite garden birds......their visits are always welcome but they stay for seconds.

I would be delighted to get that shot:)

Lovely PoV and BG bokeh........just the perch is the minor letdown ;)

Lovely image of a perky little chap and great background colours ... perch doesn't bother me as it gives a clear view of the bird. :)

One of my favourite garden birds......their visits are always welcome but they stay for seconds.

I would be delighted to get that shot:)

Lovely PoV and BG bokeh........just the perch is the minor letdown ;)

Thanks Laurence, I'm not a lover of the perch either, it dominated the original shot. I cropped as tight as I thought I could get away with getting rid of most of it, cheers

Lovely image of a perky little chap and great background colours ... perch doesn't bother me as it gives a clear view of the bird. :)

Thanks Roger

Good little chap ........ unfortunately those white areas are blown solid, (silver) ....... which "bugs" as they hit you, well me, when first looking

the perch does dominate and maybe it would be better horizontal and less ....... but it's what you have and the space around the bird may then be compromised

Good little chap ........ unfortunately those white areas are blown solid, (silver) ....... which "bugs" as they hit you, well me, when first looking

the perch does dominate and maybe it would be better horizontal and less ....... but it's what you have and the space around the bird may then be compromised

Thanks Bill, points noted (y)

Thanks Bill, points noted (y)

Hi Phil

In all cases like this, blown whites, and there are many, we all have them ....... you have to decide (and experiment) with the EV adjustments when taking the shot ....... is it better to under expose and then recover the shadows or what ......... convention says "expose to the right" ........... and normally I have EV +0.3 dialled in as default in my Nikons........ but very sunny days ...... ? ............ I always take a few shots as soon as I start and look at the histogram on the LCD to help me to decide what kind of light the camera "sees" and what I should adjust for ..........

Hi Phil

In all cases like this, blown whites, and there are many, we all have them ....... you have to decide (and experiment) with the EV adjustments when taking the shot ....... is it better to under expose and then recover the shadows or what ......... convention says "expose to the right" ........... and normally I have EV +0.3 dialled in as default in my Nikons........ but very sunny days ...... ? ............ I always take a few shots as soon as I start and look at the histogram on the LCD to help me to decide what kind of light the camera "sees" and what I should adjust for ..........

Cool post Bill (howareyamate:)???) and yup had these exact issues with long tails. Bill, is there more chance of blowing white the closer they are is that logical? On a sunny day Bill one has to be very careful !!! it also messes with us brits who never see the stuff,not suprising we get caught out sunshine what do I do?? :D

Phill cracker mate lovely detail lovely bkg but yeah the perch and those highlights. I love these little fellas Phil;,such a lovely family orientated bird We are sometimes really blessed with them here but normally have some kicking around. I've been caught by these whites many many times it is easily done(ok slow learner lmao) ,I'm unsure on head angle Phill ,can't make me mind up.cool little image though always love seeing lttm

As Bb says a complete favourite of mine, no bloody beak, ok stuck on as an after thought, massive tails, the colour and those eyes Oh, and in the winter when they are puffballs the sound the chatter and OMG their kids:rolleyes: sorry bro:D

i'll see my self out
take care lads
stu

Cool post Bill (howareyamate:)???) and yup had these exact issues with long tails. Bill, is there more chance of blowing white the closer they are is that logical? On a sunny day Bill one has to be very careful !!! it also messes with us brits who never see the stuff,not suprising we get caught out sunshine what do I do?? :D

Phill cracker mate lovely detail lovely bkg but yeah the perch and those highlights. I love these little fellas Phil;,such a lovely family orientated bird We are sometimes really blessed with them here but normally have some kicking around. I've been caught by these whites many many times it is easily done(ok slow learner lmao) ,I'm unsure on head angle Phill ,can't make me mind up.cool little image though always love seeing lttm

As Bb says a complete favourite of mine, no bloody beak, ok stuck on as an after thought, massive tails, the colour and those eyes Oh, and in the winter when they are puffballs the sound the chatter and OMG their kids:rolleyes: sorry bro:D

i'll see my self out
take care lads
stu

Hi Stu ........ I'm fine thanks ...... hardly taken any shots in the last few months ...... sinus problems all year ..... they have been taking photos of me ...... had a CT brain and sinus scan ....... 48 images ......... they say my brain is OK, (physically) ....... but all my sinuses are infected ..... and I have the odd nasel polyp ........ not really in a great mood

Last edited:
Ahh Bill,so sorry buddy,these long failings in health as we get older are hard on us. Ok I say us so far I'm beyond blessed .but it's not easy watching me lady suffer. Feel for ya mate and huge wishes that you can get sorted. Once that is sorted I hope you get the hunger back, for your image making . Bill it's so hard when the grief is in ones head most other pain can be "got away" from,must be horrible.

All the luck getting this sorted Bill, I can't help it I hate seeing or hearing of anyone suffering................................. especially someone that has helped me so much!!!

all the luck bro

Stu

PS Phil sorry derail, l know ya won't mind, but manners maketh,so I needed to pop this ps in

i'll see my self out
take care lads
stu

Many thanks Stu

PS Phil sorry derail, l know ya won't mind, but manners maketh,so I needed to pop this ps in

Don't mind at all mate

Excluding the exposure points that have been already mentioned, it's a very charming image of a very smart little bird, which I would be more than pleased with as I don't have a shot of a LTT.

Back