Long-tailed Tit

That's absolutely lovely mate, I do like them a bit puffed up, :LOL: Russ I wish you could see our little family, they are so tame and trusting. One of my fav birds, super subject super capture

take care

stu

That's absolutely lovely mate, I do like them a bit puffed up, :LOL: Russ I wish you could see our little family, they are so tame and trusting. One of my fav birds, super subject super capture

take care

stu
- Cheers Stu - it certainly was puffed up, and so was I, due to the bitterly cold niddering wind :D
- the R5 eye AF helped enormously with this distant, heavily cropped shot as I still continue up the learning curve for this great camera combo!

Russ :)

- Cheers Stu - it certainly was puffed up, and so was I, due to the bitterly cold niddering wind :D
- the R5 eye AF helped enormously with this distant, heavily cropped shot as I still continue up the learning curve for this great camera combo!

I've been grafting it on a workmate right through the cold Russ, at home locked in sheilding so I've taken to making t' camper. i've being in that cold most day light hours and fairly static it was brutal Russ, Oh god mate brutal !!!!

How these little fluffy things survive the nights astounds me Russ Well sadly with LTTM the folks on the outside don't........... I've probably lost a 3rd of our tribe this last month and they know we are here for them:( Carnage !! But that any of them get through seems beyond miraculous to me

Re image

I had a niggle mate last night , i never really know what I see here though Russ you know that, tis explained by your big crop......................... looks like this will be fantastic combo Russ in good hands once you get your real chances.

The above is lovely enough as it is ....................but there's so much more huh(y) !!

That cold has played hell with some species Russ:(

How these little fluffy things survive the nights astounds me Russ Well sadly with LTTM the folks on the outside don't........... I've probably lost a 3rd of our tribe this last month and they know we are here for them:( Carnage !! But that any of them get through seems beyond miraculous to me

Re image

I had a niggle mate last night , i never really know what I see here though Russ you know that, tis explained by your big crop......................... looks like this will be fantastic combo Russ in good hands once you get your real chances.

The above is lovely enough as it is ....................but there's so much more huh(y) !!

That cold has played hell with some species Russ:(
Hi again mate,

I forgot to add the shooting details on this post, apart from saying it was a large crop - details were R5 + 400mmDOF4 @ 400mm; ISO 250; F5.6; 1/800s handheld. I don't think I could get anymore detail from this image, Stu, as I have already run it through DeNoise AI. Here is the original uncropped shot:

1Z0A4978.jpg

- I'm pleased that the R5's eye focus worked so well on this little cutie even at this distance!

WOW......................Nowt wrong with the post processing to me Russ you have done a lovely job IMVHO. ;)

I'm just stunned by how big a crop it is, thanks for posting the full image. Jeepers Russ that's amazing.TBF I don't crop that much and do get bewildered by these files and what can be done,but the detail you'll get up close is going to be mezmerizing. That eye AF also looks incredible................

How does the combo work with the EXT's mate? Have you been able to try yet........looks like you have your cropping ability back you had with the 7Dii :)

I bet your thrilled to bits with the R5 mate it seems a wonderful match to the DO ii.I want one:LOL:

take care buddy hopefully We'll all be able to get out soon and you can really enjoy this properly!!

WOW......................Nowt wrong with the post processing to me Russ you have done a lovely job IMVHO. ;)

I'm just stunned by how big a crop it is, thanks for posting the full image. Jeepers Russ that's amazing.TBF I don't crop that much and do get bewildered by these files and what can be done,but the detail you'll get up close is going to be mezmerizing. That eye AF also looks incredible................

How does the combo work with the EXT's mate? Have you been able to try yet........looks like you have your cropping ability back you had with the 7Dii :)

I bet your thrilled to bits with the R5 mate it seems a wonderful match to the DO ii.I want one:LOL:

take care buddy hopefully We'll all be able to get out soon and you can really enjoy this properly!!
- cheers Mate

I'm also amazed at the cropability of the R5. The LTT cropped image is 0.235 Megapixels, and the full image is 44.7 Megapixels - that means the cropped image is only 5.2% of the original area!!! WOW (y)

I've done some work with the x1.4 TC in the garden, and it seems to stand up OK, but I've not had the x2 TC on as yet (but I suspect it may be not that good).

The camera is truly amazing - but eats batteries! I can sense a battery grip being added to my Christmas list :)

You take care Stu

Russ

one day i'd like canon to have the DO ii and the exts and brick :) Let them dial it all in. to the best it can be I'd love to know what that looks like !! ............ I don't use the 2X that oft Russ there is that tiny IQ hit ................... but it's a good tool to have in the bag

I had hopes the R5 and the 2Xiii might work really well for you buddy, I know there's alot of pixels R5 to DXii smaller equates to more sensitive but that's sort of offset by the tech advances I guess?? .

When you get a chance to post some piccies with the 2X would you alert me please, Russ, I don't want to miss your thoughts ,......... as the chances come of course.

Meh I think you need an easter pressie Russ ..........................sod chrimbo life's too short:LOL: Buy the battery grip !! :)

Very seriously I know that battery would run out on me when something special was happening:(, it is how it is

That's that sorted then buddy (y):D

When you get a chance to post some piccies with the 2X would you alert me please, Russ, I don't want to miss your thoughts ,......... as the chances come of course.
- Will do mate :)
Lovely image of a lovely bird!
- many thanks Dougie, pleased you like it :)
Superb Russ
- cheers Steve - appreciate your comments :)
Superb shot, great light too....
- many thanks, Bob - right place, right time 'cos they don't hang about! :)

Russ

A very 'warm' photo,Russ. Very nice. As mentioned in another LTT post (Mex) we saw several whilst we were out for a walk yesterday and I had to point them out to a couple who were walking on past them. They hadn't noticed them flitting around and were happy I'd showed them but so many people don't notice the birds they pass.

Very nice Russ
- Many thanks Spence - glad you like it :)
A very 'warm' photo,Russ. Very nice. As mentioned in another LTT post (Mex) we saw several whilst we were out for a walk yesterday and I had to point them out to a couple who were walking on past them. They hadn't noticed them flitting around and were happy I'd showed them but so many people don't notice the birds they pass.
- Cheers John - they do seem to flock together in quite large groups on my feeders at the moment! This was a late afternoon shot, hence the warm tones displayed in this large crop :)

Russ

Back