LOOK CLOSER: macro photos of everyday objects

Edit My Images
No
Hi community!

I would like to share my series of macro photography of everyday objects LOOK CLOSER

I originally made a longer version, scored with different music titled Amazing Worlds Within Our World which you can watch here

I hope you like it!!!! :)

Very cool shots you done there, I think I guessed 3 of them.
We wouldn't mind seeing more of your macro shots.

Really enjoyed both of these. I think I preferred the shorter, upbeat one overall but I think both videos are great. I was particularly impressed by sponge and teabag images.

Can I ask what techniques you used to get this level of magnification. I can see you've had to stack these images, but did you use microscope objectives or a lens? What was your studio setup like?

Really top notch work!

Really enjoyed both of these. I think I preferred the shorter, upbeat one overall but I think both videos are great. I was particularly impressed by sponge and teabag images.

Can I ask what techniques you used to get this level of magnification. I can see you've had to stack these images, but did you use microscope objectives or a lens? What was your studio setup like?

Really top notch work!

Hi TimmyG!

I use a Canon T3i with the kit lens reversed, and a tripod, that's it! The rest is improvised, for example piles of books to keep the object at the right height, and then natural light, though a couple of images were lit with an ordinary table lamp. The stacking was manual in the sense that I had to move the lens bit by bit with my hand and then used HeliconFocus to stack them together.

:)

Hi TimmyG!

I use a Canon T3i with the kit lens reversed, and a tripod, that's it! The rest is improvised, for example piles of books to keep the object at the right height, and then natural light, though a couple of images were lit with an ordinary table lamp. The stacking was manual in the sense that I had to move the lens bit by bit with my hand and then used HeliconFocus to stack them together.

:)
Excellent, I thought some of those shots required greater magnification than you can get with the kit lens, but apparently not! Great result and demonstrates what is achievable with simple kit and good technique.

Glad to see another kit lens user.... These are excellent and some completely different POV especially the ball point pen some reason never shot one from that angle.

Back