Look it's Geraint Thomas!

Nice one Roger, Tomorrow's sage finishes in Leamington, so I'm hoping to pop along and get some snaps myself..
I look forward to seeing them Jason, I've been to the last two stages with a variety of weather ... looks a reasonable forecast for tomorrow. :)

I look forward to seeing them Jason, I've been to the last two stages with a variety of weather ... looks a reasonable forecast for tomorrow. :)

I wouldn’t hold your breath Roger, I’m hoping to get the finish, but it depends what time I finish work, and how close I can get..

I wouldn’t hold your breath Roger, I’m hoping to get the finish, but it depends what time I finish work, and how close I can get..
In 2016 Jason I had the 'perfect spot' for the finish on The Downs in Bristol, only to be swamped by the 'crew' as the riders crossed the finish line. :(
Hope you make it okay.

Nothing as good as your picture Roger... I didn’t do my research good enough, I ended up being “penned in’ and couldn’t get any clean shots because of all the people leaning forward over the barriers.. Very disappointed in my efforts.

Next year I will definitely choose a better location like in your picture for instance as not many people, and NO barriers..

Nothing as good as your picture Roger... I didn’t do my research good enough, I ended up being “penned in’ and couldn’t get any clean shots because of all the people leaning forward over the barriers.. Very disappointed in my efforts.

Next year I will definitely choose a better location like in your picture for instance as not many people, and NO barriers..

It is a lottery Jason.
I managed to park my car on a small gravel edge to the bend so I could stand at the bumper and take my shots ... there were loads of people on the bend by the time the Tour came through.
However I got there early to bag my spot so it worked ought well for me this time. :)

Cheddar-Gorge.jpg

Back