Wild Lookin' after me nuts!

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
These continental Reds are no where as pretty as our natives, but they are bloody quick!

OK I've got, now, what shall I do with it?

Red-4
by Chris, on Flickr

Its only 26oC I think I'd better start stocking up for the winter!

Red3
by Chris, on Flickr

You thought I was going to jump, didn't you? Hard luck!

Red
by Chris, on Flickr

Are you still here?

Red2
by Chris, on Flickr

They look a tad skinny to me Chris, didn't you share your nuts ;)
Nice to see some real wild ones, I keep promising myself a trip to Brownsea one day.
Nicely caught (y) Love the last one

Hi chris nice set especially like the last,are these in spain,just curious really. I can't believe how different they look to ours ,are they the same species maybe a subspecies?

many thanks

Stu

Hi chris nice set especially like the last,are these in spain,just curious really. I can't believe how different they look to ours ,are they the same species maybe a subspecies?
many thanks
Stu

Hi Stu,
thanks for dropping by :)
You are quite correct as to the location, as for species, / sub species they are all Sciurus vulgaris, Eurasian Red Squirrel, as far as I am aware, (Although someone may know different).
I can only assume that due to the heat in the warmer climes, that they have developed a very fine / thin coat, making them look a little scrawny / scruffy.
Or conversely, "ours" have developed a much thicker coat...

Don't be daft the thanks are mine;)
Chris the only reds I have ever seen were in my childhood in Spain I had to ask,it wasn't knowledge talking !! ,Ha, we got put in the wrong hotel due to double booking (thank god) and just by this little beach a pine wood we would walk through, to access the beach, full of reds. They captivated that kid that was me,Cheers for bringing all that back mate,for me your post is a bit special Chris: watching reds sat on a warm beach is sort of strange,but an idilic memory that made that kid's holiday and will remain with me.
I'm not versed in our native mate, at all sadly, but the difference seems incredible to this untrained eye, just wicked to see these pics bro for me.
It's so sad we muck so much up with our native fauna

So utterly, the thanks are mine:)

take care kiddo

Stu

we got put in the wrong hotel due to double booking (thank god) and just by this little beach a pine wood we would walk through, to access the beach, full of reds.
Excellent and very fortuitous, in that case Stu (y)
I'm glad that I brought back a few memories, its funny the way "any old image" can do that at times isn't it?

Back