B&W Looking out to sea

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
I was about to take a shot of this couple when, just as I pressed the shutter, he leaned over to speak to his partner which I think improved the photo. I'm in mixed thoughts about maybe removing the cricketer in Photoshop <SPOILER: He's now been edited out>.

Olympus 35RC
Eastman Double-X

FILM - Together
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Last edited:
I agree, him leaning towards her gives it character and yes to removing the lad with bat. If the lad wasn't right a the end of the bench it would probably be OK

Cricketing lad has now gone to play elsewhere. :)
I've just spent 5 minutes trying to find the lad with the bat before i scrolled down to see your last post :D

I've just spent 5 minutes trying to find the lad with the bat before i scrolled down to see your last post :D
Me too.

Winogrand (I think) said to try getting "pictures of people "doing things" to each other" and that's a philosophy that puts into words why I like street photography (or beach, or documentary, or whatever label you want to use).
Good stuff. I really like that Double-X too. Are you enjoying it?

:D

Me too.

Winogrand (I think) said to try getting "pictures of people "doing things" to each other" and that's a philosophy that puts into words why I like street photography (or beach, or documentary, or whatever label you want to use).
Good stuff. I really like that Double-X too. Are you enjoying it?

Someone who followed me on Flickr recently had pictures of people "doing things to each other" on their stream when I looked at it. I'm not sure they were quite what Winogrand had in mind though! :D

Yep, I like the Double-X. This roll came out a little overexposed when compared to the last one I shot though and I've had to pull the details back a bit in Lightroom, so it's introduced some additional noise (not that I really mind that).

Flickr recently had pictures of people "doing things to each other" on their stream when I looked at it.

I think this is why that quote stuck in my head. :giggle:

Back