Beginner Looking to expand my experience to people

Name
Steve France
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, thanks for taking the time to look at my first attempts at people. This was a natural pose of my young grandchild trying to keep her hair out of her eyes. It was taken on a very sunny but windy day.
Nikon D3200 with 85mm Prime - f9 1/200 iso 100 HH natural light.
All and any comments welcome (would a flash infill have helped ?)ISABELLE.jpg

No Need for such a small aperture, f5.6 will do here even if you're worried about not getting focus bang on. I'm not sure if fill in flash was needed, I prefer a reflector, Keep practising (y)

Sweet shot.
Beautiful location but tough conditions with that sunshine. As you can see the background and sky is blown..
If I really wanted that angle and composition I would have underexposed for the sky and as Peter said use a reflector to bounce some light back onto her face.
A reflector can be something as simple as a white sheet of paper, doesn't have to be "proper" camera gear.
Fill flash would definitely have helped but that's an entirely other kettle o' fish
Looks like you've got a willing little model there so keep at it (y)

Sweet shot.
Beautiful location but tough conditions with that sunshine. As you can see the background and sky is blown..
If I really wanted that angle and composition I would have underexposed for the sky and as Peter said use a reflector to bounce some light back onto her face.
A reflector can be something as simple as a white sheet of paper, doesn't have to be "proper" camera gear.
Fill flash would definitely have helped but that's an entirely other kettle o' fish
Looks like you've got a willing little model there so keep at it (y)

I utterly agree, and feel this is some excellent advice.

Back