Looking towards Souter Lighthouse

As far as your test is concerned: positive.
As far as usage is concerned: make sure the BigStopper comes out mainly when
in presence of very bright light with highly reflective areas in the scenes.
As far as your picture is concerned: beautiful though WB tweaks required, and
the bottom of the frame might be cropped out.

Nice shot Paul. I'm local to the area and would never have dreamt that I could have got a shot as good as this.
Agree with Kodiak re the cropping. Lovely shot all the same.
Do you live local?

Really like this shot. Not sure if it has been cropped but would like to see a bit more from the bottom and lhs with a nice sweep into the frame.

Great scene and its a very nice shot, but I'm not sold on the composition. I think that the lighthouse and the cliffs it is on are a brilliant focal point, the rest just doesn't work for me. The sky is great but I think you should have not included so much or included more... The coast on the right, either include or don't, in this it has just been cut in no mans land, the same with the foreground. Just not enough space given to it, so it feels very cramped. Maybe a standard landscape orientation could work. Heres a quick crop...

delete me.jpg

I would crop alternatively to 2/3 sky, 1/3 land and convert to monochrome for a great shot.

here another one cropped some of the wasted space to the right slightly tighter crop this one was taken before the darker clouds rolled in.
yeah Sleepydawg I fro sunny south shields
new 06.jpg

prefer 1st image which is very dramatic.
I'm also from South Shields but emigrated to Seaburn a few years ago:)

The 1st image has everything that I like, just a slight crop at the bottom just above the grass to remove it and I think it would be perfect, all the dramatic effect of the sky combined with the water that's quite expressive with the ddifferent colours. Maybe increasing the saturatin of the water a bit might create an interesting result.

Back