Looking towards The Quiraing

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
A nasty cold day looking towards The Quiraing. Bright sunlight from the right and a storm approaching from the front and a very strong bitterly cold wind. A strange day on Skye. A panoramic stitch of 3 pictures. Just going through a few old ones and found this one, I'm sure there's a couple more to come :) As always critique is welcome, good or bad :LOL:

The Quiraing by Paul__100, on Flickr

Beautiful shot. It looks like it could have been taken on slide film.

It's an absolute must to click through to the larger Flickr version then click on it for the full effect! It's a massively detailed photo that just gets better as it gets bigger and you can see far more than the hill area.(y)

Awesome shot.

I really wish I could do the walking, as I missed so many awesome view points on Skye being stuck at the road side.

"Cracking" shot Paul, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Oh, that's lovely!
Superb detail.

Superb sky and snow, love this
Cheers Steve

Beautiful shot. It looks like it could have been taken on slide film.
Cheers Ken

It's an absolute must to click through to the larger Flickr version then click on it for the full effect! It's a massively detailed photo that just gets better as it gets bigger and you can see far more than the hill area.(y)
Thanks Peter
Excellent work
Thank you JB

Awesome shot.

I really wish I could do the walking, as I missed so many awesome view points on Skye being stuck at the road side.

Thanks Alison. You probably walked further when you were in the lakes last year, I think you would be able to walk to were I was or nearby as its not too far from a little carpark.

"Cracking" shot Paul, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.
Cheers George

Oh, that's lovely!
Superb detail.
Thanks Viv

Excellent, reminds me of the film "Everest" :)

Stunning shot with beautiful light Paul, possibly needs a clockwise shift to level the horizon??? One minor crit would be the blown sky on the right pulls my eye away from what is a gorgeous scene.

Cheers Neil appreciate the comments and will have another look at the horizon. I agree with the blown highlights as well, just hated to chop anymore off that side :(

Cheers Neil appreciate the comments and will have another look at the horizon. I agree with the blown highlights as well, just hated to chop anymore off that side :(
Yes I think you need to leave the crop as is as the frame really works, is there no detail in the right hand raw shot you couple possibly bring back some detail?

Oh that is lovely. I find I enjoy looking at obviously seasonal photographs more when it is the opposite time of year to when it was taken!

Yes I think you need to leave the crop as is as the frame really works, is there no detail in the right hand raw shot you couple possibly bring back some detail?
Thanks Neil, will revisit the file when I'm home.

Oh that is lovely. I find I enjoy looking at obviously seasonal photographs more when it is the opposite time of year to when it was taken!
Cheers Craig.

Super, I love the contrast between the crisp snow and the impending storm.
Thanks Alan, It was indeed a rough ol hail storm that hit us up there with no where to hide.

Back