Looks like Groot

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Well it does`nt really but I really liked this Tree and the way it stands in the middle of a field.
This was really a test of my newly aquired Tamron 70-200 G2 and I have to say it seems to be a nice lens for sharpness and IQ imo.
Hand held shot, exif is on the flickr page.

Groot tree by Graham, on Flickr

Branches make it look like a tree alright but
the absence of twigs… a dead tree perhaps?

Thankfully, though the Dodo is dead and extinct,
the essence of that tree certainly is not. :)

Lightning Tree!! Well that's what we used to call them as kids. The reality was not many of the dead trees were killed by lightening I guess! When I was about 14, me and a friend were sheltering at our local common under a tree when one of the neighboring trees was hit by lightening with a hell of a bang! So viscous it caught the top of the tree alight. It killed the tree of course, this was a true lightening tree!
What was behind you Graham, just wondered if you could get it more isolated from all the farm buildings? I have always found these dead trees fascinating also this time of year when there are no leaves and you can see the fantastic branch structure...
I have a bit of a tree fetish, but often find great trees and they are spoilt by Pylons or other crud in the background.

Nice shot though i like it(y)

I'm with Steve on the tree fetish thing, especially when there are just branches, so I absolutely love this one too. I actually quite like the farm in the background, it kind of gives it concept if that makes sense, although it might be nice to see a shot of it more isolated too!

Lightning Tree!! Well that's what we used to call them as kids. The reality was not many of the dead trees were killed by lightening I guess! When I was about 14, me and a friend were sheltering at our local common under a tree when one of the neighboring trees was hit by lightening with a hell of a bang! So viscous it caught the top of the tree alight. It killed the tree of course, this was a true lightening tree!
What was behind you Graham, just wondered if you could get it more isolated from all the farm buildings? I have always found these dead trees fascinating also this time of year when there are no leaves and you can see the fantastic branch structure...
I have a bit of a tree fetish, but often find great trees and they are spoilt by Pylons or other crud in the background.
Thanks Steve for your little story and scary as hell I`d say, me I love a great storm, well, more fascinated really.
Theres no way I`m going to drive about 600 klms just to get another shot of this tree isolated cos you got a fetish :D
To be honest, this was in a field and the weather for the most part of 2 weeks was well, CARP and so that brings me to.. no way will I enter a field with so much mud just for a photo :( but I do know what you mean about BG crud, I hate it too.

Nice shot though i like it(y)
I'm with Steve on the tree fetish thing, especially when there are just branches, so I absolutely love this one too. I actually quite like the farm in the background, it kind of gives it concept if that makes sense, although it might be nice to see a shot of it more isolated too!
Thanks Claire for your comment, Now I know why you got the monika "Ladystrange" ;)
Looking at the photo and thinking about it, maybe if I had walked to the left of the shot and gone down the bottom of the field maybe just maybe I could have got just the tree.
But as this was not a photographic trip I just could`nt.

Thanks Claire for your comment, Now I know why you got the monika "Ladystrange" ;)
Looking at the photo and thinking about it, maybe if I had walked to the left of the shot and gone down the bottom of the field maybe just maybe I could have got just the tree.
But as this was not a photographic trip I just could`nt.

You're very welcome and yep the moniker definitely suits me lol :p

An excuse to go back another day then!! :)

You're very welcome and yep the moniker definitely suits me lol :p

An excuse to go back another day then!! :)
Maybe but it`ll be a summertime trip. Need to go back to have a real Boeuf bourguignon (beef bourginion) :woot:

Back