Wales Loonies - Where are you now?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone

Just wondering after a long period of absense where everyone was at now?
I have some fond memories from skokholm with everyone.
Now having access to a mini camper and the fact my health is better I was wondering if the group still meets up at all?

Hi Mark, good to hear your health has improved.
Big Andy @Big Andy is on a world cruise and currently stuck in N.Z -- it`s a hard life :):)
I have been following your astro photography project and camper on FB.
Personally i havent been back to wales since last year, as i had seen quite a bit of it before and been to the Lake District a lot in the past few years so decided to go south down to Devon / Cornwall for a change of scenery.
Are you still meeting up with Si for photography trips?

I think Ryan @AgentG still gets out with his camera a bit.

Maybe have to organise a landscape photography trip sometime once this lockdown nightmare is over.

As Simon said I'm currently in New Zealand on a sailing boat. We left the UK in July 2018 and have made our way here via the Panama Canal. We should be in Fiji now as the cyclone season has just ended instead we are facing a winter that was not planned for. On the bright side life here is pretty much back to normal. Most shops are now open apart from restaurants and bars.

Hi Mark, good to hear your health has improved.
Big Andy @Big Andy is on a world cruise and currently stuck in N.Z -- it`s a hard life :):)
I have been following your astro photography project and camper on FB.
Personally i havent been back to wales since last year, as i had seen quite a bit of it before and been to the Lake District a lot in the past few years so decided to go south down to Devon / Cornwall for a change of scenery.
Are you still meeting up with Si for photography trips?

I think Ryan @AgentG still gets out with his camera a bit.

Maybe have to organise a landscape photography trip sometime once this lockdown nightmare is over.

Hi Simon its been a long time. I am hoping to do the Lake District and down south towards those areas now the camper is sorted.
Si and me are good mates and meet up when ever posssible. It does not happen as much now as I work opposite shifts to him so I have week days off and he has weekends when I am working. We still head out together but only when we both have time off, which does not seem all that often.

Yes we will have to arrange a photography trip at some point once the current apocolypse is over.

As Simon said I'm currently in New Zealand on a sailing boat. We left the UK in July 2018 and have made our way here via the Panama Canal. We should be in Fiji now as the cyclone season has just ended instead we are facing a winter that was not planned for. On the bright side life here is pretty much back to normal. Most shops are now open apart from restaurants and bars.

Good to hear from you Andy, the last time I spoke to you was when me and Si came down when he sold you his Canon 5D MkIII I think.
Sorry to hear about the troubles at present but I bet you have had some fantastic experiances and photos to match.
How long are you away for or is that a unknown at present?

Would be interested in maybe getting the band of brothers (and sisters) together again if there was the interest.

Hi Mark, as you can probably guess our time away is decided by weather and how we feel. I would guess at about a couple more years but that could change at any time. We now work with short term plans and long term dreams.
In all honesty it's not bad being stuck in NZ it's a great country and wonderful people. We might even bin the world circumnavigation and just cruise the south Pacific for a few years then import the boat into either Aus or NZ sell it and fly home. Nothing is set in stone and that's half the fun.

Back