Lorry crash at Thruxton yesterday

Oops!

Is he actually mid air in two?

Last edited:
Great capture. Whilst showing air in #2, I really like the suspense of #1. Is he going to crash, or hold it...

Dramatic set of shots, no. 2 for me.

Top stuff, I was one of the few people photographing around there...then I moved up to the start of the hairpin just before the crash! Typical. Glad somebody got it though, I'm hoping Jim Cook (always filming!) managed to get it on film as he was recording around that time.

my dad spoke to someone, maybe driver? said it was contact to the left rear which caused the roll

Waaaaaaaa.... heard about this little "moment". Really well captured, well done !

Shame she was too badly damaged to race on the Sunday though :-(

Fantastic capture.
I was looking at them and thought "The breakdown truck was on the scene very quickly".
Oh wait, Its a truck race DOH!!! lol

I love number 2.

Nothing a bit of T-Cut won't sort out.

Waaaaaaaa.... heard about this little "moment". Really well captured, well done !

Shame she was too badly damaged to race on the Sunday though :-(

Nothing that a sledge hammer and a bucket of T-Cut could sort for the Sunday. Getting the inside fit for human habitation was far more difficult!

More seriously, right place and time for the photographer, wrong place and time for (apparently) 2 trucks who overlapped a bit in the space/time continuum! Hope the driver only needed a clean set of clothes and a shower after a prang like that. #1 seems to show that he's failing to dab on a bit of oppo to correct the skid... Great set!

Back