Lost World

As a non-woodlands photographer I find this very pleasing. The placement of the yellow tree makes the shot, and of course the fog works very well with it.

stunning shot Neil, looks kind of mythical... very nice
Nice as expected Neil. ;)
:plus1:...magical feel to it.
You are the master at this stuff Neil!
As a non-woodlands photographer I find this very pleasing. The placement of the yellow tree makes the shot, and of course the fog works very well with it.
Oh that's nice. That's Very VERY nice. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the kind comments :)

Superb shot. :)

Too hyper. Much too lurid. Tame your processing.

You're exercising imaging craft to an unwarranted degree that exceeds natural human experience, without creating an alternative that has artistic integrity.

My impression is that you plunder nature for your own ends. Maybe that's symptomatic of the consumerist world that we inhabit, and the comments above tell me that I'm against the popular current. But you have imaging skills, and if you learnt to love nature rather than seeing it as a target to be exploited (which is what your images suggest), then you could become a force for good.

Cut down the car-miles, think more holistically. And though you may bristle at this now, read it again 20 or 40 years down the line.

Much of human culture is a vanity trip. Popular media constitutes a junkyard. Slow down. Tune in.

You're exercising imaging craft to an unwarranted degree that exceeds natural human experience, without creating an alternative that has artistic integrity.

My impression is that you plunder nature for your own ends. Maybe that's symptomatic of the consumerist world that we inhabit, and the comments above tell me that I'm against the popular current. But you have imaging skills, and if you learnt to love nature rather than seeing it as a target to be exploited (which is what your images suggest), then you could become a force for good.

Cut down the car-miles, think more holistically. And though you may bristle at this now, read it again 20 or 40 years down the line.

Much of human culture is a vanity trip. Popular media constitutes a junkyard. Slow down. Tune in.

That has got to be the most odd thing I’ve ever read on this forum. The above image is definitely not over processed. Also, I think I’m correct in saying that some of Neils best work is shot within a 20 mile radius of where he is from.

That has got to be the most odd thing I’ve ever read on this forum. The above image is definitely not over processed. Also, I think I’m correct in saying that some of Neils best work is shot within a 20 mile radius of where he is from.

My thoughts echo yours. I can tell you that this is 19.7 miles from where Neil resides so yeah well done you ;). Sorry Neil hope that's not creepy but it is public knowledge :LOL:

Stunning shot Neil. The height you have shot it from, with the pool of water in the foreground really let's you imagine wading through there towards the light for me.

Sometimes woodland shots are either too open, and you see the human influence of paths etc. Or there is a wall of vegetation stopping you seeing into the scene. You have avoided both of these issues, giving an overgrown, untouched view, but one that your eye moves through seamlessly.

Is it a HDR image or altered in PS , The colours look great , Over good for the available light

:rolleyes:

My thoughts echo yours. I can tell you that this is 19.7 miles from where Neil resides so yeah well done you ;). Sorry Neil hope that's not creepy but it is public knowledge :LOL:

Cheers guys, yep pretty close to home this one, I'm too lazy and tight to travel too far for photography.

Stunning shot Neil. The height you have shot it from, with the pool of water in the foreground really let's you imagine wading through there towards the light for me.

Sometimes woodland shots are either too open, and you see the human influence of paths etc. Or there is a wall of vegetation stopping you seeing into the scene. You have avoided both of these issues, giving an overgrown, untouched view, but one that your eye moves through seamlessly.
Thanks, Craig, really appreciate it.

Top work Neil. The sort of composition that an inch here or there breaks the picture.
Cheers, Scott. I think I spent about an hour shooting this one, must have 30-40 frames with 99% of them not working.

Is it a HDR image or altered in PS , The colours look great , Over good for the available light
Just warmed a tad in LR, then a vignette added.

Back