Critique Lotus Exige V6 - Lightpainting

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Well second shoot is now out of the way for 2017, a lovely Lotus Exige V6 ins striking yellow.

Here is a small selection of some of the shots taken:

#1.
Lotus Exige V6 #6 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

#2.
Lotus Exige V6 #5 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

#3.
Lotus Exige V6 #4 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

#4.
Lotus Exige V6 #3 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

#5.
Lotus Exige V6 #2 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

#6.
Lotus Exige V6 #1 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

As ever, appreciate anyone taking time out of there day to pass on any critique, both positive and negative.

Thanks,
Scott

@SBReid_Photography

love the lightpainting - you've reminded me his lordship keeps asking for a 'car book' so I might pinch your idea ;)

What a wonderful thing..

Pics aren't bad either.. :)

Thanks @HERC , really is a lovely example, the yellow makes it look fairly special. Wouldn't have the same impact in a bland colour.

love the lightpainting - you've reminded me his lordship keeps asking for a 'car book' so I might pinch your idea ;)

Thanks @HopefulM, always happy to help :)

just had a browse of your portfolio Scott. You have have a great eye for location and light. Some really nice work.

Great set. The face on and detail shots are particularly nice. If anything I'd just prefer to see the car on tarmac.

Great set. The face on and detail shots are particularly nice. If anything I'd just prefer to see the car on tarmac.

Thanks Phil, appreciate the feedback, I've had similar about the floor material which is a shame as it's such a good spot for lightpainting. Next set I'm trying to reduce the lighting on it in pp.

Is there anything glaringly obvious that's wrong with the external 3/4 shots?

Is there anything glaringly obvious that's wrong with the external 3/4 shots?
Not really. There's nothing to the floor or backdrop though, so although the location may be dark it seems that's all it's got going for it. The red swirly light painting works well, do something like that on each shot and you're onto a winner

Not really. There's nothing to the floor or backdrop though, so although the location may be dark it seems that's all it's got going for it. The red swirly light painting works well, do something like that on each shot and you're onto a winner

Cheers Phil, appreciate taking the time for some detailed feedback. Will have a look into more swirly stuff in future to add some interest.

Back