Low POV on D500

Name
Wez
Edit My Images
Yes
Just playing around with a low POV this morning with the D500's LCD screen.

Whilst on live view, it had trouble acquiring focus, will have more of a play around with it at some point. I always use the VF so was probably user error :)

Anyway, these were two of the better ones.

420mm, F5.6, 1/1000, 160 ISO

Black-Headed Gull by Wez Filtness, on Flickr

420mm, F8, 1/1600, 450 ISO

Greylag Goose by Wez Filtness, on Flickr

Haven't really tried live view Wez, will have a look ... 1st works for me, maybe a tad more space to the left :)

Nice!
The first is a bit too tight IMO.

Haven't really tried live view Wez, will have a look ... 1st works for me, maybe a tad more space to the left :)

Thank you both. I agree that they are quite tight compared to my usual crop but these were full frame :)

I'd imagine that Live View will really drain the battery. You use the LCD to touch where you want to focus but it also takes the shot immediately after. Will have a look at the manual how to turn off the auto-shutter aspect :)

Yep, that's an excellent low pov Wez, two good shots, dof looks good on both. Greylag takes it for me for the slightly turned position of the bird (y)

low level shots just have so much more impact for birds on the water - as a general idea it's a very good routine to get into.

I don't know about Nikon cameras, but for Canon you can get a right angled finder to help with these type of shots. I don't have one but have often considered one , I believe they're quite good.

Mike

Back