Lower Slaughter, The Cotswolds

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Yesterday morning saw me head to Lower Slaughter in the Cotswolds for dawn. I have been meaning to revisit since running a 1-2-1 workshop here about 6 weeks ago. Yesterday morning the conditions were looking good, with a nice sidelight forecast and light cloud. I haven't been out for a dawn shoot in a few weeks, so it was nice to be out in the fresh morning air again, and even better to come home with a couple of shots I'm pleased with! Comments/Crit welcomed :)

Lower Slaughter by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

The Bridge by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

I like both of these, but #1 just shaves it for me - about the only thing that detracts (and only very slightly) are the tv arieals. Interesting town name too, is there an Upper Slaughter as well?

I like both of these, but #1 just shaves it for me - about the only thing that detracts (and only very slightly) are the tv arieals. Interesting town name too, is there an Upper Slaughter as well?
Thank you Geoff! I agree, I wish it was a timeless spot, but then again, in this day and age they are a part of life!
There is indeed an Upper Slaughter, though not photographically as interesting for me. Together they are known as 'The Slaughters'.

I just love scenes of rural England such as these, they remind me of where I used to live before I upped sticks to Wales.

Lovely shots, well composed in attractive light :)

Both of these look good.

WRT one, I might have wanted just a bit more sky atop, I'd feel it would balance better.
I can't put my finger one one, but is there some distortion going on. The House looks upright as does the tree, but the tower doesn't. Scrub that, it won't be you, but the old imperfectly aligned archtirecure of that time. I'd love to see this in siummer once the trees are in bloom.

I just love scenes of rural England such as these, they remind me of where I used to live before I upped sticks to Wales.

Lovely shots, well composed in attractive light :)
Thank you Nick, it's a beautiful part of the world, especially at dawn when there are no tourists around!
Both of these look good.

WRT one, I might have wanted just a bit more sky atop, I'd feel it would balance better.
I can't put my finger one one, but is there some distortion going on. The House looks upright as does the tree, but the tower doesn't. Scrub that, it won't be you, but the old imperfectly aligned archtirecure of that time. I'd love to see this in siummer once the trees are in bloom.
Cheers mate, it could well be distortion, I was shooting at 24mm for image 2, image 1 at 35mm.
The sky was just flat blue above the clouds so I decided to compose it out of shot. You know if I'd left more space you'd want it cropped out ;)
Two very good shots, I like no1 the best
Thank you Sam!

Reactions: ST4
I have to go against the grain.
#2 for me!

Back