Lowther Castle

I Like the composition and the clouds, but I would prefer the shadows to be raised a bit to show some more detail of the building

I Like the composition and the clouds, but I would prefer the shadows to be raised a bit to show some more detail of the building
Thanks for that. As I said, I'm still learning, so all help is appreciated

Thanks for that. As I said, I'm still learning, so all help is appreciated

No probs. I don't think i'm particularly a good enough photographer to make a critique - I look at it as having a different personal view of what I like. Art (photography) is and always will be subjective :)

Looks great to me ! looking at the Flickr image rather than as posted on here (TP always seems to alter the contrast)) Does show a lot of the detail of the building on the large version you are able to see through the building and inside it, the sky also looks fantastic.As pointed out the logo could do with calming a little. This is of course just my opinion as a very amateur photographer .

Last edited:
Looks great to me ! looking at the Flickr image rather than as posted on here (TP always seems to alter the contrast)) Does show a lot of the detail of the building on the large version you are able to see through the building and inside it, the sky also looks fantastic.As pointed out the logo could do with calming a little. This is of course just my opinion as a very amateur photographer .
Thanks for that. I agree about the logo, I'll have to sort another for black and white [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Hi Adrian
Fantastic sky - you've really caught this very well, as I can see detail in all of it. Re the castle - for me, I'd just like to see a little more foreground in your image, and as already mentioned, more detail in the castle might balance it out a little better with that dramatic sky. If you have any of the Nik software, you can 'brush' it in with either Silver Efex or Viveza which is a really simple way of doing it.
Great first attempt, look forward to seeing more :)

Back