Lr and PS £8.32 per month .offer ends 23rd may

I am not that sure that you can still purchase v6.14 as download & install may not 'point' to a buy it page! AFAIK such a legacy download is aimed at those who already own the license. I stand to be corrected but where is it "for sale"???

It looks like you get the Lightroom Queen newsletter as well!

I've posted the same link in another thread (about how awful Adobe is) and I couldn't find any way of actually buying LR6.14 from it.

The impression given by Victoria Bampton is that you can still buy LR from that link. she may be wrong.

And £8.32 pm is actually £99.84 p.a. which I thought was the standard price for the Adobe photography plan.......?

Last edited:
It looks like you get the Lightroom Queen newsletter as well!

I've posted the same link in another thread (about how awful Adobe is) and I couldn't find any way of actually buying LR6.14 from it.

The impression given by Victoria Bampton is that you can still buy LR from that link. she may be wrong.

And £8.32 pm is actually £99.84 p.a. which I thought was the standard price for the Adobe photography plan.......?

Yes, I also subscribe to her newsletter. The legacy page she links to is the same as I & other(s) posted hereabouts at TP.

The availablity of Adobe legacy downloads used to always be there but as noted above not necessarily for the usage of new purchases.........it is & was aimed at a 'backup plan resource'. Other software companies do the same.

Further, if you click on the first link you're taken to a page which also includes a Lightroom only plan at £9.89 a month.

That is new, isn't it? For that kind of money you used to get LR and PS; now it is a special Limited time offer.

Profiteering? Adobe? No way!

How's that rock you've been living under for the last week :ROFLMAO:

I jest - this has been huge news all over the photography community since they ran a "test" where they:
- hid the 9.99 LR & PS package with 20GB storage
- only offered a 19.99 LR & PS package with 1TB storage

I'm not sure if this was only in the US, but it caused a massive stir as you can imagine.

No I haven't been hiding under a rock, actually!

I've been posting on a couple of other threads about what an awful company Adobe is. "Greedy and incompetent" was one phrase I used!

I just haven't seen the "Lightroom only for £9.89 p.m. " plan in writing before, and i haven't seen anyone else mention it either. As I have said numerous times here and elsewhere if LR was available for, say, £5 p.m. it would be worth considering. LR and PS together for £8.32 p.m. is/was a bit of a bargain but as i don't use PS it held no interest for me.

Could all that business about " testing a price increase" actually have been a smokescreen for the new LR only plan?

ive had the 6 since it was available and that will do for me,so are we still not sure if people can still purchase it?well yes for £219 from amazon bloody hell.

Last edited:
ive had the 6 since it was available and that will do for me,so are we still not sure if people can still purchase it?well yes for £219 from amazon bloody hell.

It looks like Victorian Bampton was wrong about still being able to buy LR6 from Adobe. I must say her latest newsletter makes her seem a bit of an adobe fanboy...... "my new favourite feature" and all that.........

£219 = less than two years at £9.89 p.m. Some people may think it's a good deal........

Last edited:
Could all that business about " testing a price increase" actually have been a smokescreen for the new LR only plan?

It's not new. As with the "doubling the price" plan, it's always been available and it's always been £9.98 a month. You get Lightroom CC only with 1Tb of cloud storage. The other £9.98 plan gives you Lightroom, PS and only 20Gb of cloud storage. The £19.99 plan gives you everything (LR, PS and 1Tb Cloud storage). None of this is new, all of these plans have always been available and have always been these prices.

Apologies for the misunderstanding. For clarity, I should have started that line with "If you need to reinstall". The reinstallation download links have gone missing from their previous location in their reorganization, but are still available from the new link.

I must say her latest newsletter makes her seem a bit of an adobe fanboy...... "my new favourite feature" and all that.........
Adobe fan? No, I don't like many of the decisions they've made recently and I've said so publicly.
But Lightroom fan? Yes, I still believe it's the best at the moment, although other options are catching up fast.
Have you tried Texture yet? I think it's one of the best improvements they've made in a long time, probably even since they added Clarity.

Apologies for the misunderstanding. For clarity, I should have started that line with "If you need to reinstall". The reinstallation download links have gone missing from their previous location in their reorganization, but are still available from the new link.

Adobe fan? No, I don't like many of the decisions they've made recently and I've said so publicly.
But Lightroom fan? Yes, I still believe it's the best at the moment, although other options are catching up fast.
Have you tried Texture yet? I think it's one of the best improvements they've made in a long time, probably even since they added Clarity.

I'm unlikely to be able to try out "texture" as I'm on LR 6.14........

But I do agree that Lightroom is great software and I would have been very happy to upgrade every year or two to get the latest features. I'm just not willing to pay a subscription though.

There was also the question of the new Lightroom only plan at £9.89 p.m. You must have seen that?

Last edited:
And come along, Victoria......what have you got to say about the Lightroom Only Plan at £9.89 a month?
Got something specific in mind? That's the new cloudy ecosystem with 1TB of cloud space. It's been that price since it was introduced in 2017.

Naming of the various Lightroom versions has been very confusing. I still can't get my head around it.
Maybe I should just stick to using my standalone version of LR 6.14 but I can't help but get uptight when Adobe brings in any changes.

Lightroom (Desktop, Mobile, Web) are clients of the cloud ecosystem that stores photos in the cloud. It's a lot younger, so not as feature rich, but it's easier to learn and easy to access photos from multiple devices.

Lightroom Classic is the latest release of the traditional folder-based desktop workflow, the upgrade from Lightroom 6.

And yes, the naming isn't as clear as it should be. Marketing guys have too much say.

Lightroom (Desktop, Mobile, Web) are clients of the cloud ecosystem that stores photos in the cloud. It's a lot younger, so not as feature rich, but it's easier to learn and easy to access photos from multiple devices.

Lightroom Classic is the latest release of the traditional folder-based desktop workflow, the upgrade from Lightroom 6.

And yes, the naming isn't as clear as it should be. Marketing guys have too much say.

So the Lightroom only plan is not actually "LR Classic", it's what used to be called Lightroom CC? If so are all these name changes just designed to confuse us?

Keep an eye out for Amazon sales. Last year I got the one-year licence for LR Classic and PS for £79.

I got this deal too. Great for the price (works out at around 20p a day) and I'll be getting on it again this year. Huge saving over the usual price

So the Lightroom only plan is not actually "LR Classic", it's what used to be called Lightroom CC? If so are all these name changes just designed to confuse us?
Yes. TBH, though I am a LR fanboy, I easily get confused by the nomenclature. All I know is that I use the stand-alone version. I'm not interested in anything which stores my stuff on other people's servers (commonly known as the "cloud").

Lightroom CC is now just called Lightroom. The £9.98 Lightroom only plan gets you this with 1Tb of cloud storage. This is not new and has been around for years.

Lightroom Classic is the old Lightroom that used to be standalone. The £9.98 Photography plan gets you this, Photoshop and 20Gb of cloud storage. Again not new and has been around for years.

I honestly don't understand the massive hostility to the cloud aspects of LR now. Being able to edit on any device and have everything synced up back to the original file is brilliant. I split my editing between my laptop and my phone, and the ability to have my entire image catalogue available at any time makes my workflow much faster

Yes. TBH, though I am a LR fanboy, I easily get confused by the nomenclature. All I know is that I use the stand-alone version. I'm not interested in anything which stores my stuff on other people's servers (commonly known as the "cloud").

I totally agree.

Lightroom CC is now just called Lightroom. The £9.98 Lightroom only plan gets you this with 1Tb of cloud storage. This is not new and has been around for years.

Lightroom Classic is the old Lightroom that used to be standalone. The £9.98 Photography plan gets you this, Photoshop and 20Gb of cloud storage. Again not new and has been around for years.

I honestly don't understand the massive hostility to the cloud aspects of LR now. Being able to edit on any device and have everything synced up back to the original file is brilliant. I split my editing between my laptop and my phone, and the ability to have my entire image catalogue available at any time makes my workflow much faster

Personally I wouldn't be happy editing images on a laptop, let alone a phone! It might work for culling and/or gross and crude changes but for critical work..... no thanks.

Why else do people invest in big screens and dual screen set ups.....:thinking:

I do see where my confusion about the Lightroom only plan came from now. It was a name change.

I totally agree.

Personally I wouldn't be happy editing images on a laptop, let alone a phone! It might work for culling and/or gross and crude changes but for critical work..... no thanks.

Why else do people invest in big screens and dual screen set ups.....:thinking:

I do see where my confusion about the Lightroom only plan came from now. It was a name change.
lets face it,when they did all that renaming stuff it was nothing but a confusing mess,too many options ,edges their bets as per

Back