LR back up folder naming

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
In LR I have the import path set as 'Users/AW/Pictures/2020' with the destination organised by date in the format yyyy-mm-dd.
When I import, the files go naturally to where they are pointed and this fits in with the filing system that I have been using 15+ years.
I have set up LR generally along the lines suggested by Scott Kelby in his books.
He suggests that a second copy of the files is made on import to another storage device and I have that to an external hard drive 'J/Backup2020'
However there does not seem to be a way of arranging them as on the main drive and they come up as e.g. 'Imported on 03 September 2020'
This being different to my main drive format I find confusing, particularly as it sorts them in an order related to the number, where for instance, Imported on 03 September 2020 comes before 28 August etc.
Am I missing something or do I have to go into the external hard drive and rename the folder each time?

Why not just run a RAID set up so it does it for you or manually copy over the folder every time you import?

Thank you for this.
I have no idea about RAID and in any event, I would not want to do anything to my pc.
I think your latter suggestion is how I will proceed. It’s not too much trouble, it’s just that I was hoping to take advantage of the facility to save to a separate hard drive when importing.

Back