LR comparative

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
Fed up with LR which other catalog system to use for 1 dx mk2 raw files

I can’t recommend an alternative programme for you. As far as I am concerned ‘Lightroom 6’ is still at a beta stage and like you I want something that really works and is not so expensive.

I don't think there is anything. I too, am getting a bit fed up with all the Adobe mobile development when the desktop apps are left. I thought the whole point of CC was so that Adobe got a steady stream of money and we would see a steady flow of updates as and when. Since then we've had dehaze.

FFS we are still using a 2012 raw processor and I don't want to edit on my bloody iPad.

Last edited:
Nick I assume your a pro so can't help there. sorry
for me as an enthusiast,ive had LRcc etc but for organisation I just find the Apple photos app, fast and accurate at sorting my photos.

I guess there's Capture one, works on a mac, just be careful with the database files on network drives.

Ignoring the 'beta stage' comment about Lightroom 6 as I'm really not quite sure why that for such a mature product...

What issues are you finding with Lightroom?

Fed up with LR which other catalog system to use
No system is perfect. I find LR6 more than satisfactory for pp and especially for database management. I've never felt any urge to try other products like Capture One, as I've never seen any reviews that would convince me it would be worth abandoning LR.

Something here may depend on your workflow and your archiving strategy. I keep my raws as I might my negatives, so that I can revisit them and process them differently. Adjustments I've already made are a good starting point though - which would be lost, if transferring to different software. Maybe this doesn't apply to you - maybe you process them through the once and have done with it, in which case ...

Back