LR won't let me delete from disk any more - help!

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
Today, Lightroom won't let me delete from disk any more. I tried exiting and going back in and it won't do it. This is a pain as I have a large number of images to go through from a visit to Bempton cliffs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, how bizarre... it has stopped doing it. No idea why. If anybody could tell me, I would still be interested in case it happens again.

Hi guys - I tried the flag thing and that wouldn't work. I went and deleted some from the hard drive myself... and it is the external disk. All very odd. Thanks though.

Well, it has started again, immediately after I went into DFINE. Not sure what I did last time to stop it, assuming it was something I did. Drat!

I think you must be right Chris... it stopped again. Thanks

Last edited:
Well, it has started again, immediately after I went into DFINE. Not sure what I did last time to stop it, assuming it was something I did. Drat!

I think you must be right Chris... it stopped again. Thanks

If the file is open in another app (DFINE), then then the operating system won't let you delete the file while it's open.

Sometimes apps keep files open when perhaps they shouldn't, but in that case exiting the other app completely will force it to close the file.

Not sure if there is a with LR and Define now with the latest version.

I know for a fact that you can no longer send a file to Dfine from PS. Whilst it opens it Analyses the image forever and you have to force both Dfine and PS to close. It could be the way that Adobe is sending the files to the App.

As Google are no longer developing NIK, I fear that the end may be near for NIK plugins.

Well after misbehaving this morning, it worked without that problem this afternoon. I also clicked into DFINE from PS so things seem somewhat variable in PS world.

Well after misbehaving this morning, it worked without that problem this afternoon. I also clicked into DFINE from PS so things seem somewhat variable in PS world.

It probably depends on you PS version. The latest CC update broke something. Quite a few folk complaining about it on Adobe forums

Well, I did the last update so it must be the equivalent of an intermittent fault. Let's hope they fix it.

Back