LR6 Standalone.....Help Please.

Edit My Images
Yes
It's me I know it is, cant see for looking......!

I had LR6 all set up to my liking but a problem with Adobe meant I had to un and re-install it..........blah.....it's not been right since.

Can you help please?

When I import into LR6 it creates an additional duplicate file with a suffix '-2' thus.....
Original..L100765.DNG
Created Duplicate File..L100765-2.DNG

As I shoot RAW+JPG's they are taking up a lot of room.

TIA.

LR created a catalogue, have you as part of the reinstallation associated that original catalogue with the programme?

Why, well from my limited reading of your post it sounds like the catalogue exists and (somehow) you are reimporting the old files.....and of course it is sub numbering the duplicates.

LR created a catalogue, have you as part of the reinstallation associated that original catalogue with the programme?

Why, well from my limited reading of your post it sounds like the catalogue exists and (somehow) you are reimporting the old files.....and of course it is sub numbering the duplicates.

Thanks, but I don't think it's that, the files in question have never been imported before.

Just have a look in edit>preferences>general >import options and see if treat .jpg next to raw files as separate photos is ticked.
That might be causing it-try it and see.

Just have a look in edit>preferences>general >import options and see if treat .jpg next to raw files as separate photos is ticked.
That might be causing it-try it and see.
Thanks but no.
With box ticked or not it still creates a '-2' file for the JPG or DNG imported.

I hate the "Catalog" in LR, which is why I don't use it, but most programs, if they add -2 to a filename means that a file of that name already exists.
It would appear you are adding files that already exist, the way "Box Brownie" suggested.

Last edited:
I hate the "Catalog" in LR, which is why I don't use it, but most programs, if they add -2 to a filename means that a file of that name already exists.
It would appear you are adding files that already exist, the way "Box Brownie" suggested.

You and me both.

I also use PSE13.....I just 'open' an image, PP it, and save it back to where I got it from...my 'pictures' files.

Back