LTT

What program was that???

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall. Yes him!
Programme was called Hugh's Wild West.
Filmed on Dartmoor. Mainly about LTT and dormice.

Great, thanks for the pointer. We have watched one or two of his nature programs and they are good.

So either I have it on the recorder...........iPlayer....or retransmission???

Great, thanks for the pointer. We have watched one or two of his nature programs and they are good.

So either I have it on the recorder...........iPlayer....or retransmission???

All episodes available on iPlayer :)

iPlayer ~ yes, though sadly no re-transmission dates, I do like to watch on Freeview HD channels :(

Out of curiosity how do you find retransmission dates?

It will undoubtedly be repeated though maybe only in 6 months time. That probably isn' in the proposed schedules yet.

In the case of this program I looked here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09m8l63 and no re-transmission dates showing

But for the Big Cats I did manage to find a re-transmission date (something like the following Sunday at a different time to the original timing) so not all such good programs are repeated within a short timeframe

Waiting for the guy to show Hugh the boar,met him in the mayhen a few weeks back seemed like a good un interesting to talk too. There are some incredible naturalists out there guys !!!!!!

those ltts were to die for !!
bless 'em

stu

I never knew they cuddled up together. How much patience had that guy to find them and then get them to accept him?

Alot more than many !!!!! They do tame down though, but to get their roost with torches WOW !! We'll have them come to the feeders feet away from us it;s just time I feel. Wrens do it too Mick I'm sure there was a recorded case of 50 yes 50 going into one box to wait out the cold,slightly different but it seems a great statergy to employ

. Mick a few years back I was scrubbling in the garden no camera back then some longtails had obviously just fledged I could hear them in the hedge above me feet away. Then one little head pops out to see what on earth that is,ie me then another. We ended with ten little chaps bouncing round the garden falling off twigs you name it. Priceless Mick they were so funny and so cute. I'll probably never be that lucky again ,but who knows they are here everyday,so probably wont nest far from us

Have to be one of my fav birds,i've seen that hovering ,didn't have a clue what it was about though;)

stu

Yes. I have heard about wrens all going in the same hole. I'd heard the 50 at once story too.

Only birds I've been close to when fledging are our regular great tit visitors. I was under their box one morning, bent down, when they came out. They can't have seen me and I didn't dare stand up. Wrecked my back but worth it.

Back