Luminar 4

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
This may seem to be so easy to some but I am damned if I can find how to carry it out. How on earth do I import images into Luminar 4 from a SD card ?. I think maybe I am going about it wrong, I mean should I import them into "pictures" and then into Luminar 4 or what ?.

Help please.

This might be of use but it does not explain how you create a Luminar library

Hi Peter, I use a Mac and I create a new folder on the desktop and move the images from within the DCIM folder on sd card into the newly created desktop folder.Then open luminar press + add folder with images and luminar will regognise the new folder, highlight folder and press open and photos will load.Hope this helps not sure whether this is the easiest way but it works.

This might be of use but it does not explain how you create a Luminar library

Hi Peter, I use a Mac and I create a new folder on the desktop and move the images from within the DCIM folder on sd card into the newly created desktop folder.Then open luminar press + add folder with images and luminar will regognise the new folder, highlight folder and press open and photos will load.Hope this helps not sure whether this is the easiest way but it works.
Thanks, will try anything, driving me mad.

That’s fine but doesn’t that mean you have loads of folders on your desktop? I create a new folder in my pictures folder, mine are ordered Year, Month, Day and then import to that folder.

That’s fine but doesn’t that mean you have loads of folders on your desktop? I create a new folder in my pictures folder, mine are ordered Year, Month, Day and then import to that folder.
That looks good, but how do you import from your SD card. I can only see "Import from iPhone/iPad.

That looks good, but how do you import from your SD card. I can only see "Import from iPhone/iPad.
Not really sure where you are looking. The links above give you the info. I can’t see anything relating to iphone/ipad.

Put your Sd card in your computer, then follow the info above

Not really sure where you are looking. The links above give you the info. I can’t see anything relating to iphone/ipad.

Put your Sd card in your computer, then follow the info above
If you go into Pictures and create a new folder, when the folder is created two finger click (if you are using a track pad) and it then comes up "Import from iPhone/iPad".

Back