Lumsdale, First attempt!

A good first attempt. :) The water appears to have been over-exposed in the highlights, since there's no detail there & I'm guessing they've blown. Some will prefer a shorter long exposure to give the water more texture.

ah, yes! my battery was running low when I arrived. Didn't check before I left (beginners mistake:woot:) so I didn't have much time to experiment with settings etc. Definitely having a visit back at some point to try and experiment as it is local to me! and id like to do a few in the same spot to compare. Thanks,

First attempt? Blimey, I think I'll retire and give up. The first shot is meh, but the other two are very nice indeed. I like how you've composed the water in the last two to run diagonally through each shot, which gives the picture motion and interest. The fallen leaves are dirty mind, some vivid redness would lift the picture, but you work with what's there. Overall, you should be feeling damn proud.

ah, yes! my battery was running low when I arrived. Didn't check before I left (beginners mistake:woot:) so I didn't have much time to experiment with settings etc. Definitely having a visit back at some point to try and experiment as it is local to me! and id like to do a few in the same spot to compare. Thanks,

Buy a spare battery. Now. Usually only a few quid on Amazon, and it will mean you can carry on shooting when ever you need to. Just don't forget to put the flat one on charge afterwards.

Good first - attempt - can only agree with the above comments. Shot 1 has dome quite delicate water - more by luck if you are really honest - moving water and blown highlights is a judgement call and with this type of shot, a lot of people make the mistake of a "long" exposure with dark filters; it doesn't necessarily have to be that long, or with that dark a filter to achieve a delicate movement of water with definition. Can be a lot shorter than feels comfortable when first shooting water. If your relatively local to Lumsdale - you can afford the luxury of a few visits - get to look at the way the water changes through out the seasons and most of all enjoy the environment.

Ordered a couple of spare batteries! Thanks for the comments, got a few things I'll like to try out after looking around. Some shots I would have liked to be slightly different but I only managed to get around 30 photos in due to the battery!

Back