Critique Lumsdale Waterfalls

Very nice set there Robert, particularly like the first image, and as you say, "A really pretty place".

Very nice... I've shot there too... enjoyed the walk getting there too!

Lovely set Robin - especially like #1 (y)

Only critique for me is for shot #3 - the steel safety bars in the top left corner... apart from that though its a really nice set (y)

Thanks for the replies, wasnt too bad a walk, I intend to go back , while I was working on the pictures there was new ideas popping into mind too, I would like to fo when there was more sun at both golden hours

Robin

Nice set of images Robin, normally I'm not too keen on all the smooth/milky water effects etc but these shots It works very well.(y)

George.

Thanks for the replies,

These Falls are quite close to Matlock

Robin

Love number one, just that little bit of blurred leaves at the top of the shot that's distracting. Great root system from that tree burying itself into the rock. Nice exposure and colour there. As for shutter speed its a marmite thing isn't it, I think on waterfalls its nice on the whole. Sometimes just to really screw myself up I have taken shots with varying shutter speeds, then I can never make my mind up;).
Quite like No 2 as well, a nice look up the fall, that would be my next pick, still the blurred leaves distract me. TBH id have cheated and taken 2 exposures and blended them:).
I nice collection of shots Robin(y)

Back